Incredible turnaround within 6 games

Started by erimus74, October 25, 2023, 10:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

I actually thought the two worst teams in the championship walked off the pitch when the ref blew the whistle for the end of the 1st 45 minutes, Boro losing 1-0 against fellow strugglers Wednesday & Engel given a right roasing at full back

Came out the 2nd half, Jones replaced Engel & we were transformed, we had enough chances to have won the game with ease, VDB having the best chance to open his account, but it wasn't to be, although we claimed our 1st point of the season we actually looked at is as points dropped, then it all changed, 6 games games from a Lyndsey de Paul song we, along with Leicester, the form teams in the division, sitting 7th, joint 5th, what a remarkable turnaround

Silvera who sort of couldn't hit a barndoor scored a lovely 20 yard pass in to their net & eased us Boro fans breathed a sigh of relief

We also showed that we can defend as a team, earlier games we were giving teams goal starts, now we are defending as a unit

Engle, Crooks, Greenwood players who have suddenly become 1st names on the teamsheet with McGree, Lenihen, O'Brien players who were 1st team names haven't featured for a number of games & not missed

Add Smith to that list, still not sure of his length of absence but VDB came in & done a sterling job

What a time to be a Boro fan 

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I DIDN'T THINK CARRICK WOULD SEE NOVEMBER BUT HE'S PROOVED ME WRONG 👍💪💪💪💪💪💪👍😎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Nosmo-King

Amazing transformation of the team/squad in getting results from our terrible start. Players now looking like players, improvements all over the pitch. The will to win, togetherness and the fact the unit has been moulded into one that believes - and proves- to be a team to be now feared.

Top of the form league along with Leicester City demonstrates how our fortunes have radically changed.

Now we can go into games knowing we will give anyone in the division a game - and with a good chance of winning!

Certainly the rest of the season can be one we can approach with renewed confidence- and great it is to see!

Gboro64

Got to admit I couldn't see the turnaround happening. I thought the the recruitment was poor but glad to be proved wrong.
Always knew Dieng would be a good signing but Engel looking quality too. Silvera and Latte Lath are players in the making and VDB has looked good from the start.

erimus74

Quote from: Gboro64 on October 25, 2023, 12:06:25 PMGot to admit I couldn't see the turnaround happening. I thought the the recruitment was poor but glad to be proved wrong.
Always knew Dieng would be a good signing but Engel looking quality too. Silvera and Latte Lath are players in the making and VDB has looked good from the start.

Agree, I was just as concerned, im not one of these that stays calm if we lose & when we win
Lose & im as low as a snakes belly, win & im floating on air

Blott

Carrick was always confident. He never changed his beliefs.