12 months under Carrick

Started by erimus74, October 24, 2023, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Knew it was coming around then my son in law sent me a WhatsApp of his stats, remarkable record

I was saying during the summer that although he'd done exceptionally well in the 9 months since he arrived, he needed to show he could do it again to become a sought after manager

We started off this season very poor, yet he was so confident the team would turn the corner, as some on here were, while saying the turnover in the summer was vast & it will take time for the team to gel & we certainly have, I think the past 2 games have shown how good we can become

I also think the ref done Sunderland a favour by giving them an excuse to hide behind the hammering & Birmingham could so easily have suffered the same drubbing

All in all, with the way he has again, transformed our club, other bigger teams will be casting an envious eye in our direction in search of a new manager, so well done Gibbo, no more Tory bashing either from OTR

I actually thought games last season were unbelievable to watch, but the last 2 games have been as good as any from last season & more so with mainly OUR players

The present Boro team reminds me of the Swansea teams from 2010 onwards when they just passed around teams

Mike Peeler

He has done very well IMO, and got an A for last year and missed out on an A+ due to failing to get us promoted.

Doing Okay now after a shit start this season. - Let's now see what's ahead of us under his leadership this season

erimus74

For me, top 4 is easily acheived then its up in the air playoffs, yet I cant see Preston carrying on their form, even Ipswich with their amazing run from the start of the season

I still think Leicester will walk away with it with Southampton & Leeds among the teams chasing 2nd

We'll be up there I have no doubt

AtomicDog

What was it like Erimus?

Was he heavy, how did you get something to eat, washed, go to the toilet?

When did he actually get off you, didn't his wife & kid's miss Him?

What about your family, didn't they miss you?

You can't do much at work 12 month's without turning in and not so much as a phone call to your wife wondering where you were. Did they pay you?

Didn't any passers by wonder why the current head coach was sitting on an avid fan?

And My last question Mr Erimus . . .
 Did you enjoy it?

You must have to stay there for 12 month's!

But they do say variety is the spice of Life.
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

He said tonight on the local news, "Time flies by so quickly & I've loved it"

Enough said, keep at it Michael 👍

Westlane_rightwinger

Agree with all of the above.

We were a great watch last season but over the course of the last 7 games this season he's got us at it again with lots of new, largely untried and untested types. I honestly thought some were duds but MC knew better.

He's so understated generally but the mask slipped a bit for Silvera's goal on Tuesday. Nice to see him enjoy it.

Last but not least. Chapeau to Blotty for "judge after 10 games". This is generally perceived wisdom but we were such a shambles I could only see us as relegation fodder. Too much Mcgregor off Dad's army!

erimus74

Quote from: Westlane_rightwinger on October 27, 2023, 03:18:50 PMAgree with all of the above.

We were a great watch last season but over the course of the last 7 games this season he's got us at it again with lots of new, largely untried and untested types. I honestly thought some were duds but MC knew better.

He's so understated generally but the mask slipped a bit for Silvera's goal on Tuesday. Nice to see him enjoy it.

Last but not least. Chapeau to Blotty for "judge after 10 games". This is generally perceived wisdom but we were such a shambles I could only see us as relegation fodder. Too much Mcgregor off Dad's army!

Totally agree Westlane_rightwinger, good post
Im usually optimistic but really couldn't see anything other than a bottom half season struggle, I know I keep harping on about half time at Sheff Weds & how bad both teams looked but during the half time talking it suddenly changed, Blotty & Carrick told us so