Southgate proving doubters wrong.

Started by Gboro64, October 18, 2023, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gboro64

On the back of last nights impressive win over Italy, It's about time GS was given the credit he deserves.
With a selection pool of about 22%of premier League players to pick from he puts out a competitive team.
For those slagging Phillips, Henderson and Maguire off these are either our only players in those positions or the best of a bad bunch.
He has a better win rate than Erickson,Cappello,Hodgson and MacLaren despite them having better squads and he's managed to get us to every tournament.
Forget about all of the WOKE rubbish he spouts and just acknowledge his ability as a manager.

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: Gboro64 on October 18, 2023, 12:01:20 PMOn the back of last nights impressive win over Italy, It's about time GS was given the credit he deserves.
With a selection pool of about 22%of premier League players to pick from he puts out a competitive team.
For those slagging Phillips, Henderson and Maguire off these are either our only players in those positions or the best of a bad bunch.
He has a better win rate than Erickson,Cappello,Hodgson and MacLaren despite them having better squads and he's managed to get us to every tournament.
Forget about all of the WOKE rubbish he spouts and just acknowledge his ability as a manager.

Agreed.

He has dragged the England team up from the depths of BFS being a dodgy fucker and also the shite we had under Hodgson.
And also remember he imprinted this playing style on the U-21's before becoming the Senior Manager and look at them and how they play.

No doubt Lids et al will come on saying a.n.other manager would have won us the world cup/euro's already with this squad but they'll be missing the huge point of the absolutely massive mental hurdle the England team has had in the last 40-50 years of not thinking we're in with the elite - Germany, Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain, Italy etc - we are now and I'd take us to beat any team with that front line we had out last night.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HE WILL BE SACKED STRAIGHT AFTER WE FAIL IN GERMANY 🙄🙄🙄

THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT 👍👍👍

BLOKE JUST HASN'T GOT IT.... HE'S AN AVERAGE MANAGER AT BEST 👎👎👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Gboro64

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 18, 2023, 12:09:41 PMHE WILL BE SACKED STRAIGHT AFTER WE FAIL IN GERMANY 🙄🙄🙄

THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT 👍👍👍

BLOKE JUST HASN'T GOT IT.... HE'S AN AVERAGE MANAGER AT BEST 👎👎👎
Depends on what you class as failure.

erimus74

Quote from: Gboro64 on October 18, 2023, 12:01:20 PMOn the back of last nights impressive win over Italy, It's about time GS was given the credit he deserves.

Cant fault him TBH, his teams have prved over a number of years that they are as good as any team in the world, will they win the euros, or the world cup, time will tell

You dont only need the beat players you also need a bit of luck, get them both & Southgate will get them over the line

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: erimus74 on October 18, 2023, 12:18:51 PM

Cant fault him TBH, his teams have prved over a number of years that they are as good as any team in the world, will they win the euros, or the world cup, time will tell

You dont only need the beat players you also need a bit of luck, get them both & Southgate will get them over the line

DON'T AGREE... I DON'T THINK HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO GET US OVER THE LINE... SEEN THAT AGAINST FRANCE CROATIA AND ITALY 🙄🙄🙄

LIKE I SAID BEFORE... WE WILL WIN FUCK ALL WITH HIM IN CHARGE 👎👎👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Blott

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 18, 2023, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on October 18, 2023, 12:18:51 PM

DON'T AGREE... I DON'T THINK HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO GET US OVER THE LINE... SEEN THAT AGAINST FRANCE CROATIA AND ITALY 🙄🙄🙄

LIKE I SAID BEFORE... WE WILL WIN FUCK ALL WITH HIM IN CHARGE 👎👎👎
see, I can agree with you.

He balls it against Croatia, evidently their best player was too old and could be left to control the midfield, Real Madrid disagreed with him. He balls it against Italy when they gave us a goal start, it was a good idea to go to a back 10, it was wrong.

tunstall

Gareth is gonna bring it home

:leo2:

TerryCochranesSocks

Gboro64

What people don't realise is what GS brought to the party in the2018 world cup.The amount of set piece goals we scored were due to using Gridiron football coaches to learn us about blocking defenders.
I agree he got it wrong against Croatia although Stones was at fault for losing Mandukich and against Italy for defending too deep.
Despite criticism of his tactics he still oversaw us beating Germany.
As for the last WC we were much the better team v France and but for a terrible referee and a missed penalty we could easily have won it.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Gboro64 on October 18, 2023, 03:40:36 PMWhat people don't realise is what GS brought to the party in the2018 world cup.The amount of set piece goals we scored were due to using Gridiron football coaches to learn us about blocking defenders.
I agree he got it wrong against Croatia although Stones was at fault for losing Mandukich and against Italy for defending too deep.
As for the last WC we were much the better team v France and but for a terrible referee and a missed penalty we could easily have won it.

ALL IFS AND BUTT'S  🤔🙄🙄🙄🤔

MAYBE HE CAN PUT THAT ON HIS HEADSTONE 🤔🙄🤔

WOULD OF WON THE EUROS OR WORLD CUP IF IT WASN'T FOR IFS AND BUTS  :rudi:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Gboro64

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 18, 2023, 03:44:22 PM
Quote from: Gboro64 on October 18, 2023, 03:40:36 PMWhat people don't realise is what GS brought to the party in the2018 world cup.The amount of set piece goals we scored were due to using Gridiron football coaches to learn us about blocking defenders.

Ifs and buts can be put to anything in life. Luck is needed to win anything and Argentina had loads when winning it.
The best teams don't always win trophies but the luckiest always do

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Gboro64 on October 18, 2023, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 18, 2023, 03:44:22 PM

Ifs and buts can be put to anything in life. Luck is needed to win anything and Argentina had loads when winning it.
The best teams don't always win trophies but the luckiest always do

YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGHT FUCKING CRY BABY 😩😩😩

MAN UP YA DAFCUN.... 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Westlane_rightwinger

Don't like him but they did play well last night.

What's he done in club football ? He brown nosed his way in with the FA.

He is loyal. Maguire hasn't done much wrong for England. Phillips is ring rusty and needs more games, was lucky to stay on the pitch and should have been subbed earlier. Think Guehi may force his way into the team.

Players seem to like him and he is getting the best out of Kane and Bellingham. Still think he is a tit though.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on October 18, 2023, 05:59:27 PMMaguire is class...

:supremeleader:

PROBS DO THAT IN THE EURO SEMI FINAL OR EVEN THE FINAL  :rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Gboro64

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 18, 2023, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on October 18, 2023, 05:59:27 PMMaguire is class...

:supremeleader:

PROBS DO THAT IN THE EURO SEMI FINAL OR EVEN THE FINAL  :rav:
Played in 60 odd games for England on the biggest stages in the world. Surely he would have been binned by now if he wasn't up to standard. Plays well alongside Stones .

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

I would look decent playing alongside Stones........

Mike Peeler

And we stand up and sing Gareth  Southgate is king!!  :supremeleader:

It's coming home - The stats will tell you second best manager behind Sir Alf  :champs: 

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Mike Peeler on October 19, 2023, 11:15:18 AMAnd we stand up and sing Gareth  Southgate is king!!  :supremeleader:

It's coming home - The stats will tell you second best manager behind Sir Alf  :champs: 

I BET YOU NOW A TON WE DON'T WIN THE EUROS IN GERMANY 👍💶💶💶👍💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 19, 2023, 11:20:06 AM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on October 19, 2023, 11:15:18 AMAnd we stand up and sing Gareth  Southgate is king!!  :supremeleader:

You might be in for a surprise - if it is going to happen now is the time. If he gets to choose his full squad and Kane stays injury-free, I'm saying we will do it.

Out of interest who do you think will win it if we don't?

With an injury-free squad I think the is only France I would fear.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Mike Peeler on October 19, 2023, 11:26:14 AM

You might be in for a surprise - if it is going to happen now is the time. If he gets to choose his full squad and Kane stays injury-free, I'm saying we will do it.

SPAIN OR FRANCE 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

I've lumped on Saudi Arabia to win it

Johnny Thunder

Mike Peeler

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 19, 2023, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on October 19, 2023, 11:26:14 AM

SPAIN OR FRANCE 👍

England or France for me - the krauts the dark horses as the home nation.