Heard this today, never heard it before, love it

Started by erimus74, October 13, 2023, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Driving in the works van when it fame on, played by Sarah Cox on radio 2, for me, great song

Hope you enjoy it Atomic 👍

John Trebor

AtomicDog

Quote from: erimus74 on October 13, 2023, 08:00:21 PMDriving in the works van when it fame on, played by Sarah Cox on radio 2, for me, great song

Hope you enjoy it Atomic 👍

Stick to the football Erimus Lad

Just for you an additional bonus . . .

I turned that song off after about 2 line's.. .

Didn't have an intro like the 'Jersey Devil's' did it?

In his gold lame jacket too

Class drummer Clem Burke
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

AtomicDog

It just doesn't 'grab' Me now music. It's just all manufactured rubbish.

A fine example being whether you like them or not.
The Sex Pistols changed tne face of music, of tne time,  British youth culture yeah?

Of course it derives from somewhere, mainly America, but they did, for the youth in this country, at that time .
Fast forward 40+  year's Simon Cowel reversed all that. Telling some white kid, from Hemel Hempstead i't's the best' version of Let's get it on he's ever heard?

FFS how can you watch sh*t like that, let alone compare it to one of the greatest singers that ever lived, it's laughable, especially when the said act belives it?
It's just not happening, at all.

He's cut a good niche (Cowel) I'll give him that, but he's ruined music in the UK.
Yet people revere him, or like to see Him as some spector, Wilson type svengali, which he's never gonna be. Totally ruined music.
The only person that sings Marvin Gaye songs is the great man himself.

But I suppose in this computer, internet age it's very easily accessible.

That's why we have shite after shite.
There's no 'Stars' now, people to look up too.

I remember going to see The UK Subs in the legion in our town, original British punk band. We were at the bottom of the stairs and Charlie Harper come down.
'My mate said there's Charlie there' he was supping a bottle of pills.
I don't get starstruck said to me mate 'i'll ask him if he'll get a photograph with you'

Which he obliged, the bloke is two year's older than My dad FFS!

He even offered to buy us a drink

I was elated, but saddened in a way that he was playing in a working man's club, a real punk pioneer, Lids will back Me up.
But it just didn't bother him he was chatting to everyone, so down to earth.
Then you see in the gazette that 'Posh spice' whatever the fuck they call her is playing Stewart park, when she sang some daft song, was it with that Bowers fella?

Finishes the gig and just f**ks off, ignoring loads of young kid's, their idol, that have come to see Her, that's c**tish behaviour.

The Sex Pistols might have been manufactured, but they were working class people, kid's from the street.
It's just mad how America invents it, whatever genre, then we capitaliste it, make it big.

Except of course for Simon Cowel and his hitmakets?

If your looking for Me. I'm sat in our dad's garage with toothache, listening to Keane.

Here's a tune . . .

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

When Ed Sheeran and Adele are in the biggest sellers with anthems to self harm....

Say no more...

:carrick3:

Westlane_rightwinger

Agree with most of that but E&B just bang average snd offered little.

The phrase "Change the record" was invented for them 😘

Bud Wiser

Quote from: John Trebor on October 13, 2023, 10:12:31 PMReminds me of The Lightening Tree

I reckon the Settlers are in talks with their Lawyers as I type.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE