Jacob Young - Eston.

Started by Johnny Thunder, October 02, 2023, 10:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Thunder

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=715108757098185&set=a.353280726614325

Just secured and extra 20 million over ten years, on top of the funding already secured, for the Greater Eston area.

Great news.

Yeah but brexit, scum etc. etc.

:rudi:

Hopefully a fuckin good dust up with all you fuckin lefties and righties will commence presently.

:leo:

And a quote from Jacob in the comments:

QuoteI've not seen a single Labour politician in Teesside welcome this news today...

Ding ding, round one.

:wry:

erimus74

Well done Jacob. Whats that word again 🤔

Gingerpig

But,but,but,but........ad infinitum OTR

BoroRedKen

Give over Johnny!

How very dare you even contemplate praising ANY positive news about Teesside and its suburbs!

Swap Tory for Labour and Jacob would be getting BJ's from OTR as if it was his birthday!

But remember the ARE NOT a lefty "board".
 :champs:

tunstall

Ravishing Rick Rude

He's a good lad is Jacob. He was round mine a couple of weeks ago. He had a cuppa and we chatted about motorbike and quad bike issues on the lines and rec. He actually cares for the local area unlike others.

He knows I'm not political but I gave him my thoughts on our local area.

Hopefully we get the full £££ instead of Redcar and Guisborough as is usually the case

Johnny Thunder

Well that never went off like I hoped.

Where the fuck is Blotty?

erimus74

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on October 02, 2023, 01:02:47 PMWell that never went off like I hoped.

Where the fuck is Blotty?

Thing is, no mattter what side of the fence you sit on, how can you post anything negative about someone getting money in to improve areas

Oh yea, Whataboutery

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Anna Turley was unavailable for comment as she was getting quotes for having her head degreased

tunstall

Johnny Thunder

Blott

Great news.

I wonder why HS2 never gets a mention on here? The biggest political and financial  flip flop in decades. Maybe if this bunch of chancers got a grip it could still go ahead.

Levels of fraud rose almost fourfold from £5.5bn two years before the pandemic to £21bn in the following two years. The NAO said many public bodies are unaware of the amount of fraud they face, with a host of COVID employment scheme fraudulent claims being chased up by the HMRC.

BoroRedKen

Because i think most of us could not a rats ass tbh Blotty.

Train Usage on here dont seem to happen.

Why anyone wants to get to London any quicker baffles me.....

BoroRedKen

Its quicker for me to get to Whitby by bus than it is by rail.

Blott

I agree, although I love to go there, these days to watch the Boro and the Tate.

For a lefty I thought the Boro mayor was impressive on R4 today. He told it as he saw it. He is still confident the Blues can win.

What I do know is that if this level of financial f up had happened under labour this board would have been all over it.

TMG501

Quote from: Blott on October 02, 2023, 09:26:35 PMI wonder why HS2 never gets a mention on here?
And there is the whataboutery! Do I care if some bloke from Birmingham wants to get to Manchester 20 minutes quicker? No! I Couldn't give a shit! Funding to a local area? Yes please.
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

RaZor Ramon

Quote from: Blott on October 02, 2023, 09:26:35 PMGreat news.

I wonder why HS2 never gets a mention on here? The biggest political and financial  flip flop in decades. Maybe if this bunch of chancers got a grip it could still go ahead.

Levels of fraud rose almost fourfold from £5.5bn two years before the pandemic to £21bn in the following two years. The NAO said many public bodies are unaware of the amount of fraud they face, with a host of COVID employment scheme fraudulent claims being chased up by the HMRC.
The train pipedream was but that anyways, a dream.

No fucker uses the train anymore I less you are loaded in which case you may aswell fly.

Blott

Quote from: TMG501 on October 03, 2023, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: Blott on October 02, 2023, 09:26:35 PMI wonder why HS2 never gets a mention on here?
And there is the whataboutery! Do I care if some bloke from Birmingham wants to get to Manchester 20 minutes quicker? No! I Couldn't give a shit! Funding to a local area? Yes please.
so you don't care that a project budgeted for 21billion is now almost 100 billion

TMG501

Of course I care that the UK tax payer is used as a cash cow. The problem I have is that you brought in a totally unrelated  issue in to a good news story for the area just for some political points scoring. Whataboutery at it's finest.
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

Johnny Thunder

BoroRedKen

BoroRedKen

Teesside Airport and now this funding.

TMG does make a valid point about "whataboutery".

The costs are spiraling so its been stopped. If the Gov carry it on it will get hammered but now its stopped its getting hammered.

All just "pettiness".

Blott

Quote from: TMG501 on October 03, 2023, 12:50:34 AMOf course I care that the UK tax payer is used as a cash cow. The problem I have is that you brought in a totally unrelated  issue in to a good news story for the area just for some political points scoring. Whataboutery at it's finest.
no. I said it was good news. Then I helped out with 'Hopefully a fuckin good dust up with all you fuckin lefties and righties will commence presently.'

Johnny Thunder

Bud Wiser

Quote from: TMG501 on October 03, 2023, 12:50:34 AMOf course I care that the UK tax payer is used as a cash cow. The problem I have is that you brought in a totally unrelated  issue in to a good news story for the area just for some political points scoring. Whataboutery at it's finest.

Bastard! You beat me to it!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE