Momentum

Started by TeessideTopgun, September 30, 2023, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeessideTopgun

Have we turned a corner ?? Can we keep this up and move upwards and onwards !!!
MC looks like he has come through his first bad patch intact 👍👍

Blott

Yes, as supporters we get down too easily. I always said give it 10 games. Top 2 finish.

erimus74

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on September 30, 2023, 05:00:24 PMHave we turned a corner ?? Can we keep this up and move upwards and onwards !!!
Agree, 🙏👌

BoroRedKen

Thank the lord!

Thought this was going to be all Corbyn stuff.........

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on September 30, 2023, 05:07:01 PMYes, as supporters we get down too easily. I always said give it 10 games. Top 2 finish.

I think we're to weak defensively to mount a top 2 place, if Im honest I would rule out a top 6, we concede far too easily

I would happily settle for a top 10 if tge team Carrick is putting together is showing promise of one, or two playets away from an exciting future

TeessideTopgun

Think we are re adopting the

"Were gonna score 1 more than you " attitude 👍

erimus74

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on September 30, 2023, 05:23:02 PMThink we are re adopting the

"Were gonna score 1 more than you " attitude 👍

We're gunna have too 😂

Westlane_rightwinger

Pity O'Brien was injured. Hope it's not serious as he is an upgrade on what we had last season. Better going forward and defensively and links up well.

No Rogers or Silvera helped today. They need to up their game, improve their link up play, ball protection and work ethic, takes time.

Think top 10 is achievable but defensively we are too weak.
Fry gone backwards, Vdb ok but too weak, Tommy limited, Paddy is ok and brave relatively speaking, decent player but has his flaws...glad we weren't able to flog him. Engels we can forget for now and hopeful Bang guru makes a positive impact on his return.

Blott

Quote from: Westlane_rightwinger on September 30, 2023, 05:49:03 PMPity O'Brien was injured. Hope it's not serious as he is an upgrade on what we had last season. Better going forward and defensively and links up well.

No Rogers or Silvera helped today. They need to up their game, improve their link up play, ball protection and work ethic, takes time.

Think top 10 is achievable but defensively we are too weak.
Fry gone backwards, Vdb ok but too weak, Tommy limited, Paddy is ok and brave relatively speaking, decent player but has his flaws...glad we weren't able to flog him. Engels we can forget for now and hopeful Bang guru makes a positive impact on his return.
the real downer for the day is that we won.

Gingerpig

Step forward , but we lost control at times ,  though found a way , 3 weeks ago would of crumbled at 2-2, coburn is looking a beast who holds up well now, if jones had a final ball consistently  he would be PL. Steps in right direction though

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Few people missing today....??

Must have gone to the game so haven't had a chance to post yet

:ponder:

Bud Wiser

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on September 30, 2023, 05:00:24 PMHave we turned a corner ?? Can we keep this up and move upwards and onwards !!!

Have we turned a corner? Sort of. Purely by results rather than performance. Unfortunately, Carrick's to stubborn/aloof/arrogant (take yer pick) to change the way he sets up his defence. So it'll be one step forward & two backwards until he realises this two centre-back/two wing-back formation won't work - especially now that 45 goals from last season have been replaced with garbage.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Blott on September 30, 2023, 05:07:01 PMYes, as supporters we get down too easily. I always said give it 10 games. Top 2 finish.

:youfuckinserious:
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

BEAT CARDIFF ON TUESDAY NIGHT AND WE MIGHT HAVE 🤔🤔🤔
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Francks left peg

Hopefully we are. Still too early to say of we have turned corner or not

teamboro

Need to tighten the defence cut out stupid mistakes and tighten the midfield a bit forward line finally clicking into gear
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Keanu_Reeves

We can't keep a clean sheet, that's Carricks biggest problem

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I'D DROP FRY FOR TUESDAY NIGHT OR REST HIM... HE'S COST US SOME GOALS 😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 01, 2023, 03:43:09 AMI'D DROP FRY FOR TUESDAY NIGHT OR REST HIM... HE'S COST US SOME GOALS 😡😡😡

I'd drop him for the rest of the season - his injury appears to have fucked him up proper from the player he was

TeessideTopgun

We need a brick shithouse centre half , plenty of ballers in the team as is

Westlane_rightwinger

We'll struggle without O'Brien. He's good in all aspects and can play with our better players unlike most of the newbies.

We need Clarke and Bang guru back.

Think Fry might need a rest. Paddy did fine yesterday and needs to stay in the team. I like him as he'll play anywhere and gets stuck in (O'Brien like a good pro does the same)

We should sell Barlazy, nowhere near H n H in terms of energy or quality.

Jones has upped his game. Ball retention is better and his final ball has improved.

Tree is not Akpom but he is now key in transition. He also gets Jones and improves his game. Two lovely assists yesterday and he keeps it simple. He's also our thug if required.

Pleased for Cocoa and glad we did not loan him out.

I said O'Brien is the only upgrade on another thread but the keeper is too.

Yes, we can keep it going against Cardiff but our 3 wins on the bounce will not have gone unnoticed. We have to be prepared to mix it up and O'Brien will be a big loss.

Johnny Thunder

It will be interesting to see if Clarke makes the bench midweek.

erimus74

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on October 01, 2023, 01:51:10 PMIt will be interesting to see if Clarke makes the bench midweek.

I would think soon as he's ok to start games he'll be on the bench, he showed, temporarily, that he has it to a good championship CB

erimus74

Quote from: Westlane_rightwinger on October 01, 2023, 01:48:21 PMWe'll struggle without O'Brien. He's good in all aspects and can play with our better players unlike most of the newbies.

We need Clarke and Bang guru back.

Think Fry might need a rest. Paddy did fine yesterday and needs to stay in the team. I like him as he'll play anywhere and gets stuck in (O'Brien like a good pro does the same)

We should sell Barlazy, nowhere near H n H in terms of energy or quality.

Jones has upped his game. Ball retention is better and his final ball has improved.

Tree is not Akpom but he is now key in transition. He also gets Jones and improves his game. Two lovely assists yesterday and he keeps it simple. He's also our thug if required.

Pleased for Cocoa and glad we did not loan him out.

I said O'Brien is the only upgrade on another thread but the keeper is too.

Yes, we can keep it going against Cardiff but our 3 wins on the bounce will not have gone unnoticed. We have to be prepared to mix it up and O'Brien will be a big loss.

Agree on all that

Westlane_rightwinger

Oh Jeremy Corbyn was probably more lack of momentum and distinct lack of votes.