Saturday Night Kick Offs...

Started by Mike Peeler, September 22, 2023, 09:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

for any armchair footy fans out there who enjoy a bit of premier league football.

Any thoughts on the above kickoff times - it's a big no from me - the cops will love it if it stops traveling fans in big possible trouble games. So you can see where some of the fixtures will be heading like the Swansea/ Cardiff game just gone.

Thank god the is no Sunday jobbies like, that would kill it for me.

Money talks now so the TV lot run matters along with the club chairman - managers will still moan about kick-off times despite bagging the wages for it all.

You won't hear Klopp and Co offer themselves and the players up for a wage reduction for better kick off times and no TV games. Its a thought Jurgan.... :leo:

AtomicDog

Rumours use to always have a Saturday night kick off Mr P
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: AtomicDog on September 22, 2023, 11:45:46 AMRumours use to always have a Saturday night kick off Mr P

I remember being in Centrefolds and the NTP battling like fuck with some other loons on a saturday night

:monkeyman4:

AtomicDog

Another Saturday night venue too Mr Fingers  :mick:

See  also:
Blaises, La Roché and various other hostile establishments in the town  :rav:

Mike Peeler

It used to go off in the Mint back in its day.
That never seemed to have control of itself for a 'pub' only venue.

AtomicDog

Yeah Mr P

See also Henry's, Sexchange, Welly, De Niro's . . . Always good for a quality dust up Sir
🐾
🐾

Mike Peeler

Yes De Niro's used to get naughty at times, like the back room in the mint always kicking off.

I always did the Royal Exchange early doors, so never see much bother in there.

I did see Duffy walk in and Samsh a lad's head straight into the bar because he was standing in front of him waiting to be served - to this day don't know if he asked him at least to move so he could be served.

I was with our lass at the time about 20 feet away but still on edge staring at her, but looking at him really. As soon as he did that we fucked off out the other entrance towards wickers world

AtomicDog

Wickers world . . . Another venue partial to the odd mêlée or ten
🥊:mick:

Mike Peeler

Yes, another town centre hotspot. The thing is the bouncers back in the town then enjoyed a ruck as much as some of the pissed-up punters did. So it was a match made in heaven when it sometimes kicked off.

Johnny Thunder

AtomicDog

Funny how these 'Local' Mooner's never seen to regale about the 'Good old day's'?

:westy:  :pd:

tunstall

Fighting in pubs.

Reported.