Football Focus on the BBC

Started by Mike Peeler, September 22, 2023, 05:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

in a bit of ratings trouble, and could be for the axe.

Interestingly figures have dropped alarmingly since Alex Scott started to front the show.

A decent bit of eye candy but you can not flood the 'mens game' with a shed load of females. Just for the sake of it - they do have a place at the table (no pun intended) but throwing them into all the main presenter's jobs could backfire on the media.

Good luck to the lasses game but maybe keep things a tad separate on the pundits /presenter side of things. Of course, I do like a bit of eye candy on the box (again no pun intended) but some viewers appear not to going off footy focus figures.

You will never beat the days of football focus with Bob Wilson as the anchor man. :carrick2:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24078360/bbc-football-show-axe-viewing-figures-football-focus/

BoroRedKen

tunstall

Used to love footy focus

Watch that, then off to the match

Didn't even know it was still on

BoroRedKen

Alex Scott chiming up every 10 seconds on Fifa does my nut in. And the Italian league on Fifa is nearly all female referees.

Mike Peeler

I read somewhere they are forecasting the ladies' game to be worth a billion in a few years - now whether, that's to entice people, and businesses, on board now or they feel it will happen remains to be seen.

So get ready for it, it doesn't appear to be going anytime soon if that's true.

AtomicDog

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on September 22, 2023, 08:43:00 AMAlex Scott chiming up every 10 seconds on Fifa does my nut in. And the Italian league on Fifa is nearly all female referees.
Do they wear white like the rest of the Italian's . . .

Or yellow Dear Boy?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈