The January 2024 Transfer Window thread.

Started by Johnny Thunder, September 21, 2023, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Apparently Boro have turned the 3rd bid down, Villa wanted to give Boro £7.5m upfront & the rest over add ons, which may never materialise

Well done Boro, play hardball, dont be bullued, they'll want top dollar for playets leaving I would think

Ahhh, little auld Boro will buckle at what we'll offer, no chance Villa

Bud Wiser

The only "add-ons" I would ever yield to would be a future sell-on percentage. Surely the club have learnt their lesson from the Spence deal?
And lets never forget how they stiffed us for that walking disaster AKA Rudy Gestede.

Pay up or fuck off yow Brummie cunts!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

TMG501

Aaaanndddd,,, He's gone. Good luck to the lad :bigjack  :carrick2:
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

erimus74

Quote from: TMG501 on January 30, 2024, 03:20:14 PMAaaanndddd,,, He's gone. Good luck to the lad :bigjack  :carrick2:

Best of luck, great attitue

Total opposite to the attitude who went to Spurs & flopped

Good luck lad 👍

F3 canine servicer

£10M + £6M add ons

TerryCochranesSocks

What would we have to give Citeh?

Blott

16 million according to Sky, for a player we got in a lucky bag.

Pep isn't as bright as he thought he is.

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 05:27:56 PM16 million according to Sky, for a player we got in a lucky bag.

Pep isn't as bright as he thought he is.

As Terry says above and I did read something along the same lines elsewhere Man City have some deal in place if he moves on to another club. could be wrong could be right .

Bud Wiser

Now lets now hear of an imminent sale of Jack Clarke. Because if our infallible manager decides to play a 19 year-old Dutch centre-half at right-back against him on sunday we could be in serious shit street.

Ollyboro

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on January 30, 2024, 03:56:39 PMWhat would we have to give Citeh?

25% appears to be the most common figure. If it's 10 million up front then that's just about acceptable. Any less.....and some sources are saying 8 million, that means a profit of 4.5 million. That's not great. As for the add-ons, it depends on how realistic they are. A lot of players are given England caps; a lot fewer get 20. I wonder what percentage of add-ons ever get paid in full?

tunstall

Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 30, 2024, 05:53:53 PMNow lets now hear of an imminent sale of Jack Clarke. Because if our infallible manager decides to play a 19 year-old Dutch centre-half at right-back against him on sunday we could be in serious shit street.

He must be the most over rated player in the championship

tunstall

Any rumours of anyone coming in to the club?

Would I be right in saying we can sign players on loan after the window has closed?

Ollyboro

Quote from: tunstall on January 30, 2024, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 30, 2024, 05:53:53 PMNow lets now hear of an imminent sale of Jack Clarke. Because if our infallible manager decides to play a 19 year-old Dutch centre-half at right-back against him on sunday we could be in serious shit street.

He's a very good Championship footballer whose shortcomings will be exposed in the Premier League. Totally one footed and incapable of defending. Witness his laughable falling over attempt at stopping Isaiah Jones. Unfortunately for Clarke, he will be expected to defend in the Premier League. And he looks like a traumatized boy band backing singer walking out of Louis Walsh's dressing room.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: tunstall on January 30, 2024, 06:50:43 PM

I pray to fuck that I never need the same optician as you.

tunstall

You'll be wanting him to do well against us no doubt, yer sad cunt

tunstall

teamboro

Kavanagh gone on a permanent deal
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

erimus74

Quote from: teamboro on February 01, 2024, 01:49:35 PMKavanagh gone on a permanent deal

Just seen that on the clubs website, that suprises me, though saying that, I mentioned after the Rotherham game he'd not been on the bench for the last couple of games & wasnt v Chelsea either, maybe Carrick didnt rate him, or Kav just decided he was off when his contract is & up & weve saved on his wages

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/01/calum-kavanagh-joins-bradford-city/

Johnny Thunder