The January 2024 Transfer Window thread.

Started by Johnny Thunder, September 21, 2023, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: borope on January 20, 2024, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on January 20, 2024, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: borope on January 20, 2024, 07:59:14 PMWe need to use the money to get a decent Striker in.

If the midfielders play like Hackney and Barlaser did today it would make no difference

True but we have to many tippy tappy midfielders and no target man to try and pass forward to.

Greenwood, Rogers and Azaz were making good runs all afternoon but no cunt could get a ball to them in time.

Got better when Barlaser came off

RiversideRifle

UTB

RiversideRifle

Which one of you cunts keeps moving my breaking exclusives  :rudi:
UTB

Johnny Thunder

Post em in the right place ye cunt.

:diego:

:rudi:

Kippers

Smoggers51

Great loan signing for us is Luke Thomas . Despite being young he is an experienced player and gives us a left sided attacking option . 👍UTMB !!!

erimus74

£12.5M now rumoured to be the price quoted from Villa, with Weat Ham dropping out of the bidding

Gingerpig

Take villas hands off  :supremeleader:

markmywords

Hope that's correct. Fantastic bit of business for a player that wouldn't have been in our team if we had all our players available.

erimus74

At the beginning of the season I thought he looked like a fish out of water, up to the Chelsea first leg game he'd vastly improved to the point I thought he was exciting, skillful & that he'd be excellent for us next season in the championship, my value if any up to the Chelsea game, nowhere near £15m, more like £4m

Gingerpig

Agree mate , thats what many of our fans fail to see , everyone fit, he is back on bench again with 15 min run outs ....he may even be loaned back ?
I don't know who the fuck Kieran Scott thinks he is coming to our club and buying players like Morgan Rogers for next to nowt and flogging them 6 months later for about 500% profit.......bloke has not got a clue , keeps getting it wrong lol

tunstall

15 mill?

Buttons?

Sell the cunt

Bud Wiser

Quote from: markmywords on January 28, 2024, 06:06:25 PMHope that's correct. Fantastic bit of business for a player that wouldn't have been in our team if we had all our players available.

100% correct. But to his credit he's taken his chance and made me eat my words to boot, because I thought he was rank ordinary. I only hope the proposed deal isn't made with add-ons - a la Spence - as I'll be staggered if his career progresses much further. Good luck to him all the same.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Blott

He's one of these players I never notice.

Gingerpig

Quote from: Blott on January 28, 2024, 08:53:26 PMHe's one of these players I never notice.

Thats why at this price its good business, he is decent champo level at times ...but can be invisible too

RiversideRifle

The lad is probs worth 2-2.5m max. Take the money and don't be stupid boro
UTB

Wee_Willie

There is a decent player in there somewhere, possibly top flight, but he needs lots of coaching. His decision making is shocking as is his finishing. He's a fit lad with a great engine but if £15M is anywhere near accurate I'd rip their eyes out

erimus74

For mecRogers has shown a great attitude, even before it became public knowledge of Villas innterest his game didnt suffer, in fact it improved so much that you can understand their initial interest, not so the price, he comes across a good pro, he ran his socks off away to Chelsea, knowing the transfer could go either way, while expressing his desire to go to Villa he gave his all & scored a cracking goal, still top of the league cup goals chart
Yes he should give his all thats what hes paid to do, but we've had our fair share of petulant sulking footballers who havent had their own way & just down tools, its nice to see the otherside for a change, some footballers can learn a thing or two from someone so young

In With the Lurpak

The clock stops ticking on Thursday times up .

If  :supremeleader: can bag himself 15 million he will do it, Carrick's says it's all talk and he 's

a Boro player .. Kim will be after 16 million I bet and making villa sweat a bit  :sid:

TerryCochranesSocks

If he goes don't Man City get a big chunk of the transfer fee?

Johnny Thunder

It is widely reported that the deal had a sell on clause in it.
I don't think anyone knows for sure. Also speculation as to the amount is anywhere between 10 % and 50%.

Nobody knows fuck all basically Tez.

Ollyboro

Can't we loan Rogers to Villa for 4 million a season for the next three years and tell City that we haven't sold him, so they can fuck off. Or, sell them Hoppe for 12 million and give them Rogers for free?