The January 2024 Transfer Window thread.

Started by Johnny Thunder, September 21, 2023, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Dont have twitter but apparently there is a post going around saying he'll only play for the mackems if he drops down in to the Championship

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: erimus74 on January 16, 2024, 11:41:33 PMDont have twitter but apparently there is a post going around saying he'll only play for the mackems if he drops down in to the Championship

Mackems have twitter as well you know.....

As reliable as one of crockies accas

:alf:

erimus74

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on January 16, 2024, 11:50:36 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on January 16, 2024, 11:41:33 PMDont have twitter but apparently there is a post going around saying he'll only play for the mackems if he drops down in to the Championship

Mackems have twitter as well you know.....

As reliable as one of crockies accas

:alf:

😂

Ravishing Rick Rude

He's had one good season.

At rangers he was fucking gash in a tinpot league.

Sunderland he did well.

Oh and he's injured again after a long layoff this season.

In With the Lurpak

Is this supposed to be a signing or a out on loan jobba .. ?

Kim ain't got the lolly to buy him  :rudi:  :redcard:

More chance of a wonga loan & they gone bust  :rav:   than Diallo arriving on loan.

Northallerton_Boro

Not happening

He posted a pic on instagram from his Sunderland days

erimus74

Will he stay, or will he go, I like McNair, ges been good for us, IMO mind

We're covered well in that area, (CB's) but with his versatility he can cover a number of areas, I still think the club will want to keep him but on reduced terms, which probably wont suit McNair

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-paddy-mcnair-future-thrown-into-further-doubt/

RiversideRifle

UTB

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: RiversideRifle on January 18, 2024, 08:17:10 PMThat was quick like

Additional info from the guy who made up the rumour in the first place

"He decided to leave Albion for City, but it didn't really work out from a football perspective, as he was sent out on loan, and it took him years to find his best form with Boro, who are playing at the same level as the Baggies.

If he joins Villa and sits on the bench, he could well be in the same situation, so he should seek assurances from Emery that he will get minutes this season. Otherwise, finishing the campaign with Boro could be the smart move."

Shite

Blott

Can't be the Rogers we have, evidently he's 1st Division at best, or at least I was told that.

Another astute Gibbo move, but I am sure a few shillings will be in the Man City coffers.

In With the Lurpak

Villa send Boro Cameron archer on loan who has a great spell  2023

loan ends villa take archer back for a few months then sell him for a fee of £18m  a few months ago

Villa take Rogers off the Boro  ? How's Rogers going to thrive if Archer was not wanted .. Rogers says he thrives off confidence players he will be sat on the bench . :diego:

Nosmo-King

Be a surprise if this happens IMO. Still very much developing as a player and not the finished articleIMO

erimus74

With Archer a good goalscorer at our level for us & his time at Preston, for me he was a cut above Rogers at present, but Ramsey is a good comparison,TBF & he wasnt good enough for Villa yet went to Burnley for over £12m, for me, he's the one we should use when talking to Villa during negotiations, if they value Rogers at £5m, how did they value Ramsey at £12m?

Johnny Thunder

Cos they are fuckin cheeky cunts.

Blott

borope

Quote from: Blott on January 19, 2024, 01:38:17 PMI can't see it less than £20m.

The world has gone mad if hes worth 20 Million. Hes now even a regular for us.

Ollyboro

Quote from: erimus74 on January 19, 2024, 09:53:27 AMWith Archer a good goalscorer at our level for us & his time at Preston, for me he was a cut above Rogers at present, but Ramsey is a good comparison,TBF & he wasnt good enough for Villa yet went to Burnley for over £12m, for me, he's the one we should use when talking to Villa during negotiations, if they value Rogers at £5m, how did they value Ramsey at £12m?

If Villa compare Azaz's stats and what we paid for him with Morgan's stats, I reckon they'd offer us half a million.

Remember the days when we could just help ourselves to Villa's best players?

Blott

Quote from: borope on January 19, 2024, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: Blott on January 19, 2024, 01:38:17 PMI can't see it less than £20m.

The world has gone mad if hes worth 20 Million. Hes now even a regular for us.
the world went mad a long time ago. Look at Chelsea.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Ollyboro on January 19, 2024, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on January 19, 2024, 09:53:27 AMWith Archer a good goalscorer at our level for us & his time at Preston, for me he was a cut above Rogers at present, but Ramsey is a good comparison,TBF & he wasnt good enough for Villa yet went to Burnley for over £12m, for me, he's the one we should use when talking to Villa during negotiations, if they value Rogers at £5m, how did they value Ramsey at £12m?

If Villa compare Azaz's stats and what we paid for him with Morgan's stats, I reckon they'd offer us half a million.

Remember the days when we could just help ourselves to Villa's best players?

That was before they started ignoring FFP

:peopleseyebrow:

RiversideRifle

UTB

Bud Wiser

One thing for certain, if there was anyone scouting Hackney today we can wave away a couple of 0's from his value!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Francks left peg

I know many are worried by the Rogers rumours, but if anything, it proves the new scouting and recruitment model is working.

borope

We need to use the money to get a decent Striker in.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: borope on January 20, 2024, 07:59:14 PMWe need to use the money to get a decent Striker in.

If the midfielders play like Hackney and Barlaser did today it would make no difference

borope

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on January 20, 2024, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: borope on January 20, 2024, 07:59:14 PMWe need to use the money to get a decent Striker in.

If the midfielders play like Hackney and Barlaser did today it would make no difference

True but we have to many tippy tappy midfielders and no target man to try and pass forward to.