The best player to ever pull on a boro shirt

Started by Ravishing Rick Rude, September 18, 2023, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiversideRifle

UTB

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Francks left peg on September 18, 2023, 08:45:30 PMCloughie, Mannion?

Over George best?

They were good but bestie was another level.

Eastcoastred

Francks left peg

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 09:12:31 PM
Quote from: Francks left peg on September 18, 2023, 08:45:30 PMCloughie, Mannion?

Over George best?

Never really pulled on the shirt tho did he? It's like saying if Messi put it on for a photo op, then bestie would be no where near.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

I asked my old fella who was better Wilf or TLF?

Wilf was the quick answer but TLF ran him close

When I asked why he pointed out how good Wilf was in the air. For a little fella he could leap high and time it just right to give the impression he was hanging there

Blott

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 09:42:29 PMI asked my old fella who was better Wilf or TLF?

When I asked why he pointed out how good Wilf was in the air. For a little fella he could leap high and time it just right to give the impression he was hanging there

my dad said the same. He also told me we would never get back into the 1st Div, old money.

The best player I saw in a Boro shirt was Boksic.

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Francks left peg on September 18, 2023, 09:25:50 PM

Over George best?

Never really pulled on the shirt tho did he? It's like saying if Messi put it on for a photo op, then bestie would be no where near.

He's wearing the shirt ya blind fucker

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Blott on September 18, 2023, 09:43:52 PM
Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 09:42:29 PMI asked my old fella who was better Wilf or TLF?

my dad said the same. He also told me we would never get back into the 1st Div, old money.

I'd go for viduka or merson myself

erimus74

AtomicDog

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Bud Wiser

David Armstrong - Consistency personified.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Blott

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: Blott on September 18, 2023, 09:43:52 PM

I'd go for viduka or merson myself
mersons performance at Huddersfield in a 1 0 witness as good as it ever gets.

Francks left peg

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 09:44:47 PM
Quote from: Francks left peg on September 18, 2023, 09:25:50 PM

Over George best?

He's wearing the shirt ya blind fucker

Pulled on the shirt insinuates he's played for the club in it.

Johnny Thunder

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on September 18, 2023, 08:28:18 PM

A cracking keeper Platty - he looks well pumped up in that picture - I've not seen eyes like that since i was last on the Whizz........ :rudi:

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Francks left peg on September 19, 2023, 06:50:56 AMPulled on the shirt insinuates he's played for the club in it.

I would have thought that the point of the questions was to show that Best actually had pulled on a Boro shirt.
As he obviously had (unless Platty dressed him) then George Best is undoubtedly the best player to ever pull on a Boro shirt.

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 19, 2023, 09:37:13 AM
Quote from: Francks left peg on September 19, 2023, 06:50:56 AMPulled on the shirt insinuates he's played for the club in it.

I would have thought that the point of the questions was to show that Best actually had pulled on a Boro shirt.
As he obviously had (unless Platty dressed him) then George Best is undoubtedly the best player to ever pull on a Boro shirt.

Wrong.

There is an urban myth that Pele & Maradona were both on Woodgates stag do in Beni and day 2 it was decided everyone had to wear a Boro shirt.

Pele had a Barry Robson one on and Maradona insisted on Willo Flood.

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on September 19, 2023, 09:39:08 AM

Wrong.

There is an urban myth that Pele & Maradona were both on Woodgates stag do in Beni and day 2 it was decided everyone had to wear a Boro shirt.

And Messi refused because he was sulking that Zidane had bagseyd the George Saville shirt.

Ronaldo just brought his own with Chrissy R on the back.

Francks left peg

Wrong.

Not the rumour I heard. Messi was pictured fighting over the shirt with Barry Robson. Messi slipped ended up getting his head stuck in the shirt sleeve. Therefore, theoretically pulling on said shirt. This throws doubt on Bestie being the best player to 'pull on the shirt'

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: Francks left peg on September 19, 2023, 09:52:20 AM

Wrong.

Not the rumour I heard. Messi was pictured fighting over the shirt with Barry Robson. Messi slipped ended up getting his head stuck in the shirt sleeve. Therefore, theoretically pulling on said shirt. This throws doubt on Bestie being the best player to 'pull on the shirt'

Nah that was the night before.

Messi had been on the turbo shandies and was out of his tree. He tried to get Ronaldo in a headlock and ended up in the sleeve of his Portugal shirt. Similar colour to the Boro shirt so i undertsand where your info come from but take it from me, Messi was in a right strop..........wouldn't even watch the turn at Sticky Vickys by all accounts just turned his back to the stage muttering about being on a stag do with a load of massive pussies so didn't want to see another one.

Gboro64

For a short period of time Emerson. He was awesome until his agent started tapping him up for a bigger move.
For a longer period Souness or Boeteng

erimus74

Quote from: Gboro64 on September 19, 2023, 12:57:04 PMFor a short period of time Emerson. He was awesome until his agent started tapping him up for a bigger move.
For a longer period Souness or Boeteng

The 1st few games I seen him play I actually thought he could become our best player ever, then mid September Arsenal turned up at the Riverside & Patrick Viera just bullied him & he rarely produced that form again