Middlesbrough Homeless Article..

Started by Mike Peeler, September 18, 2023, 08:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

first off I've never walked in a homeless person's shoes and do have sympathy for those who fall into that trap or lifestyle. So druggies or alcos all deserve some help

You get one chance from me and after that, it's sorry fella or lady. You are on your own now if was calling the shots.

I do however agree 100% with Bill Mason in the Gazette reader's comments section when he says.

** British kids and military veterans on the streets whilst illegal economic migrants get 4-star hotels. **

The is definitely some truth in that comment!!

Spin that you lefty bastards!.  :mick:  :rudi2:

All the best to the helpers and any genuine homeless cases.  :carrick2: I must say that.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/homeless-people-tell-harsh-life-27714726

AtomicDog

Hear hear, that's what our social system should be for, our needy.

Nobody is holier than thou, not even the Mooner's unfortunately.

You don't know what lives these people have lived, try walking in their shoes before passing judgement,
Not every homeless person is there by choice.
There's far too many on the streets, ex forces too.

They reckon that you could be two bad situations away from being homeless yourself.

Don't think the majority of them would moan about the food or WiFi either . . .
🐾
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

BoroRedKen

As a former homeless person (living in Albert Park) the system has been fucked for years.

Any single male, regardless of creed or colour, aged between 21 and 30, have never been the top of MBC "help list".

I was lucky. I had the physical and mental strength not to use drugs or alcohol (the temptation is real and there though). I slept during the day when i could so i could stay awake at night to protect myself.

An old couple after 12 weeks of getting nowhere purely by chance offered me a job and a flat in Redcar 1 day after viewing a flat there.

It was that couple that saved my life of that i have no doubt.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I DON'T NORMALLY GIVE ANY BEGGARS AT HOME ANY MONEY COZ THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED... SOME HAVE BIG CARS PARKED ROUND THE BLOCK AND TEK THE PISS FOR A FEW HOURS THEN FUCKING OFF HOME IN THE BIG CAR 👎

OVER HERE I'VE BEEN GIVING AN OLD THAI WOMAN A COUPLE OF QUID IN HER PLASTIC CUP EVERYDAY BECAUSE THAT WILL BUY HER RICE AND NOODLES FOR HER TO SURVIVE 👍👍👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

BoroRedKen

I can spot a professional beggar at 100 yards.

If you are unsure but want to help maybe think of donating a bit of time to 1 of the places that try to help  and support "genuine" homeless people.
The community cafe on Borough RD.
1 of the churches that do "soup kitchens" in Boro.

Donate old clobber and shoes to 1 of the churches that provide support.

There are plenty of non financial ways to help out just a bit. 

BoroRedKen

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on September 18, 2023, 12:25:37 PMI DON'T NORMALLY GIVE ANY BEGGARS AT HOME ANY MONEY COZ THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED... SOME HAVE BIG CARS PARKED ROUND THE BLOCK AND TEK THE PISS FOR A FEW HOURS THEN FUCKING OFF HOME IN THE BIG CAR 👎

OVER HERE I'VE BEEN GIVING AN OLD THAI WOMAN A COUPLE OF QUID IN HER PLASTIC CUP EVERYDAY BECAUSE THAT WILL BUY HER RICE AND NOODLES FOR HER TO SURVIVE 👍👍👍

Stick a score in for me mate and i will square you when you get home.

:bigjack

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on September 18, 2023, 12:46:28 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on September 18, 2023, 12:25:37 PMI DON'T NORMALLY GIVE ANY BEGGARS AT HOME ANY MONEY COZ THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED... SOME HAVE BIG CARS PARKED ROUND THE BLOCK AND TEK THE PISS FOR A FEW HOURS THEN FUCKING OFF HOME IN THE BIG CAR 👎

I WILL DO MATE 👍👍👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

AtomicDog

When I worked in London year's ago, probably mid eighties. I was working near Waterloo station use to use this tea van just outside the station, it was just up from where Buster Edwards use to have his flower stall.
First time I went there was a queue while waiting I noticed what looked like someone laid on the floor.
When the poor bloke looked up his face was black, like he'd been covered in coal dust. Every f**ker just stepped over him as if he wasn't there.
I just remember thinking I'd never seen anything like that in My life, and these don't give a f**k about him.
I bought him a cup of tea and a sandwich, gave him a few quid.
I felt so ashamed how people could just ignore him.
Each time I went after that I looked out for him and if he was there would buy him something.
Just over the rd there's a church called St John's and outside on the steps they'd be homeless people sleeping with blankets round them.
Bearing in mind this was in early December time and it was f***ing freezing.

When I see a homeless person now it always reminds me of that time.

I ain't Bob Geldof but sparing a few quid won't harm Me

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on September 18, 2023, 12:25:37 PMOVER HERE I'VE BEEN GIVING AN OLD THAI WOMAN A COUPLE OF QUID IN HER PLASTIC CUP EVERYDAY

Fuckin lying cunt.

That's who yer been bucking.

:rudi:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on September 18, 2023, 12:46:28 PM

👍👍👍 DONE...

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Johnny Thunder

BoroRedKen

Cheers mate. Square you when you are back.

Why a female of that age has to "beg" is heartbreaking to me.

I know people cannot help everyone but everybody deserves the "right" to eat.

I shall say a prayer for her.

Mike Peeler

Agree with Ken sad to see such things especially an old lady on the streets.

I could never see my nanna like that whatever might have caused the problems/issues for her.

AtomicDog

Well done Lids, nice one Lad's

There's good people on ere, not full of c***s

Massive respect from
AD

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾