This day in 2001

Started by Ural Quntz (Moderator), September 11, 2023, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Where were you?

I was watching online where I was working down in Penistone (Nr Sheffield)

Its one of the images I can clearly recall in detail and colour to this day - so shocking

RIP all those that perished

https://twitter.com/i/status/1701215626830721030

erimus74

Picking up my kids at St Edwards school

RIP all those poor souls x

John Trebor

I was in a crappy meeting in a cramped office in Hastings. Kept getting text updates from my wife but no-one believed me. One person said he had heard the joke before and pulled a random punchline out of his arse. Something about a landing light sales office.

Nelson Mandela effect.
Loads of people remember seeing the first plane hitting the tower in real time on the news. When in fact it was a while before any footage was shown of that one.

Mike Peeler

A weird and, harrowing day, that really hit home about the dangers and new ways terrorism and ISIS. and Bin Laden.

Like many, I was at work that afternoon. So didn't see it live as such

TeessideTopgun

My mate was on the bridge of a freighter in The Hudson River . His boss was trying out a new camera , one of the photo's was of the first plane before it hit the tower , I've seen the picture many time , always sends a shiver down my spine

Johnny Thunder

Just got in off a 6 til 1 as the news was breaking.

Bud Wiser

I was in a mobile crane lifting an extraction unit into position when another contractor parked nearby obviously had his radio on and started shouting the usual shocked expletives.

Our home League Cup game v Northampton that night was given a miss.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Artie Fufkin

Was at home writing job applications and my cv (think I was listening to mark and lard on radio 1) after finishing my masters when a mate texted me so I put the telly on and spent much of the next few days glued to it

Little did I know that 5 years later I would meet a lass while I was on holiday in NY who was caught up in the whole thing and had it not been for her being late for a chiropractor appointment would have been in her office in what we now call ground zero

That lass has now been my wife since 2010 and today always holds troubled memories for her; a day she, like many of us, will never forget

erimus74

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on September 11, 2023, 06:37:50 PMWas at home writing job applications and my cv (think I was listening to mark and lard on radio 1) after finishing my masters when a mate texted me so I put the telly on and spent much of the next few days glued to it

Little did I know that 5 years later I would meet a lass while I was on holiday in NY who was caught up in the whole thing and had it not been for her being late for a chiropractor appointment would have been in her office in what we now call ground zero

That lass has now been my wife since 2010 and today always holds troubled memories for her; a day she, like many of us, will never forget

Amazing story Artie

Steboro

Watching some film on the television.

tunstall

I was at home, I was meant to fly to the states the day after, some gadgie from the office rang and said it's been cancelled and if i wanted to know why to watch the news, switched the telly on just as the second one hit

Flew to the states about a week later

About six people on the long haul and the extra security at the airports was fucking mental