Teesside Airport still going strong

Started by erimus74, September 09, 2023, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

Unfortunately, it will never really take off, like any business bigger competitors will threaten to pull the plug in other areas..ie the likes of Newcastle if they cross over in flights/destinations etc.

It's just the way of the land.

Is the a place at the table for Teesside airport They could be but if after its five-year plan of public money it's not making money and still funded by the taxpayer then it might has to go for me.

I'm no fan of the dirty red labour lot but no loss-making businesses have the right to be open on the public purse.

I do allow for essential services when saying that but even those bastards are questibale at times. Ie the nhs etc need sorting out and pulling around.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

The flight side of things will never be enough to keep it in profit. You only have to look at other UK Regionals to see that the big hubs are allowed to gobble up the cream while the small ones struggle.

LeedsBrad and Ncl actually pay Jet2 to use their facilities. Probs same for Stansted and EasyJet

That's why BH has got the South Side access road sorted and is pushing to get flight related business over there earning money for the site. First hangar is just going up now

Be nice if the new Monarch start up would put a few our way but the issue is the cost of keeping an aircraft on stand to make regular flights. Much harder in the Winter as well where a round trip gets them into needing more crews because of out of hours. Still think a Tenerife flight would do well though

Francks left peg

Quote from: Mike Peeler on September 10, 2023, 06:04:44 AMUnfortunately, it will never really take off, like any business bigger competitors will threaten to pull the plug in other areas..ie the likes of Newcastle if they cross over in flights/destinations etc.

Is the a place at the table for Teesside airport They could be but if after its five-year plan of public money it's not making money and still funded by the taxpayer then it might has to go for me.

I'm no fan of the dirty red labour lot but no loss-making businesses have the right to be open on the public purse.

I do allow for essential services when saying that but even those bastards are questibale at times. Ie the nhs etc need sorting out and pulling around.

Quality puns going on here, Peely lad.

...Not taking off...

...The way of the land...

Splendid stuff :morgan:

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Francks left peg on September 10, 2023, 06:52:41 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on September 10, 2023, 06:04:44 AMUnfortunately, it will never really take off, like any business bigger competitors will threaten to pull the plug in other areas..ie the likes of Newcastle if they cross over in flights/destinations etc.

Quality puns going on here, Peely lad.

...Not taking off...

...The way of the land...

Splendid stuff :morgan:

I normally apologize for them but sometimes just let them ride through. :cheers:

BoroRedKen

Come on its "plane" to see what Mikey does. He needs a "Taxi" after them puns.

My mate, Al Titude, laughed though!!.........

Mike Peeler

Read this in the gazette - another slant to things that are happening over in that Airport area.

OTR is big at the moment on 'green' issues so will have to see this as a positive from a 'tory' you would have thought - no doubt of course the moonheads will have the spinners out looking at it from a negative angle.

It's yes for me but he needs to get the place making money or breaking even fairly quickly to fend off the wolves, and the hardline lefty militant mob from OTR. also known as Pond Life!! :katie:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/landmark-agreement-teesside-airport-energy-27682186

erimus74

Lies I tell ya, all lies 🙄

Shame on you Ben 😠

How can they claim to improve something that is not working