England Qualifier

Started by Mike Peeler, September 08, 2023, 07:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

V our friends from the Ukraine. Now that will be some love in again for the media.

All the war cliches will be coming out. Instead of just getting on with the sport/game it's why we now have full media issues of Henderson fucking off the rainbow lot since joining the Saudi leagues.

Bringing too much world politics into sports will always backfire at times.

Anyhow that's my morning rant over, I don't make a habit of watching the qualifiers but will watch this one.

I see Harry Maguire and Jordon Henderson are down to the start as Gareth continues with his Man U and Liverpool love-in of players.

I can sort of understand Maguire but fuck me Henderson starting as well, ideal time to move on from the old guard I would think.

Rule Brittania. :cheers:

erimus74

Wont be watching this John, TBH no interest in international matches, sooner proper football was been played & bin these boring international breaks

Regarding Henderson & the lefty lot kicking off about him going to Saudi leagues, I find it quite funny, they enjoyed watching the world cup, yet now the world cup is finished & he's joined the gold rush he's worse than 'scum' now, quite funny indeed

Johnny Thunder

Southgate's a fuckin stupid cunt.

Mike Peeler

I've always stuck with him, Jonny. For me, it was a good chance to do away with them two, and blood some youth or other players. He is short at the back so sort of allow for the Maquire selection Henderson his time has gone for me regardless of going for the money in Saudi.

I'm more knockout football only with England, but still fancy us to win over in Poland.

3.0 england win.

tunstall

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: erimus74 on September 08, 2023, 07:21:31 AMWont be watching this John, TBH no interest in international matches, sooner proper football was been played & bin these boring international breaks

Regarding Henderson & the lefty lot kicking off about him going to Saudi leagues, I find it quite funny, they enjoyed watching the world cup, yet now the world cup is finished & he's joined the gold rush he's worse than 'scum' now, quite funny indeed

I'm with you Erimus, I have little interest in England. It's rinse repeat with the national side, nothing will change until we get a manager in there that is a winner. Nothing will change until the media and supporters stop celebrating getting to the quarters as a successful tournament. Just my opinion, but Southgate lost us the last world cup, with his don't concede approach. Whenever we went on the front foot, we scored and looked the more likely to win. Southgate for me was more focused on us taking the knee, making us look like the most sanctimonious nation on earth.

Rant over  :rudi:

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on September 08, 2023, 07:27:08 AMSouthgate's a fuckin stupid cunt.

Post of the week contender that JT

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: tunstall on September 08, 2023, 10:38:00 AMDael Fry deserves a call up

He deserves a good wake-up slap

Redsteel (Moderator)

Blott

England first for me. Then the Boro.

Agree on the comment on Southgate.

Blott

TerryCochranesSocks

There are no words.

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 12:19:36 PMEngland first for me. Then the Boro.

Serious?
UTB

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 08, 2023, 01:01:53 PMThere are no words.

you can count as well, I thought it was your most interesting comment ever.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 01:05:17 PM
Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 08, 2023, 01:01:53 PMThere are no words.

you can count as well, I thought it was your most interesting comment ever.

You can try to sound like a smart arse all you want fella but "England first for me" is the end of you.

Blott

Quote from: RiversideRifle on September 08, 2023, 01:05:06 PM
Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 12:19:36 PMEngland first for me. Then the Boro.

Serious?
by a long way. Would I want England to win the World Cup more than Boro getting promoted, too true.

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 01:08:10 PM

Serious?
by a long way. Would I want England to win the World Cup more than Boro getting promoted, too true.

I don't understand that blotty kid. I couldn't less of a fuck about the England team
UTB

Blott

Quote from: RiversideRifle on September 08, 2023, 01:09:49 PM
Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 01:08:10 PM

Serious?

I don't understand that blotty kid. I couldn't less of a fuck about the England team
each to their own.

erimus74

I would say in this order

Boro
My front & back garden
Reading
Going for a walk
Going to work

Loads of otber stuff

If nothing else to do & I mean nothing, then read another book 📖😉

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Blott on September 08, 2023, 12:59:54 PM
Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 08, 2023, 12:58:44 PM

can't argue with that. Not like you to talk sense.

I can't buy into that Blotty lad however if it ever came down to one only it's Boro all the way. Until then I am all for both doing well and only really showing interest in the knockout stages when it comes to England though.

Mike Peeler

You, we can all question Southgates time with England he did pull it all around at a time when we were shite and was happy to step into the fold. Yes im with you all in that he was what the fa big wigs wanted for brand purposes.

He has for me excelled in my expectations in how I thought it would have played out for him. That said he has equally failed in some ways for not winning the Euros against Italy I have to say that. I expected it to go tits up under him so he has done well for me.

Plus I doubt the was much out there when the job was up for grabs. I don't want a foreign coach/manager so the field to replace him becomes narrow. Eddie Howe might well be next for the job once the Toon Lot chops him (no pun intended) or Grahame Potter.

Throwing a realistic name into the hat always gets you credit from me when folk want a gaffer out. :bigjack 

Gboro64

Quote from: Mike Peeler on September 08, 2023, 02:42:39 PMYou, we can all question Southgates time with England he did pull it all around at a time when we were shite and was happy to step into the fold. Yes im with you all in that he was what the fa big wigs wanted for brand purposes.

He has for me excelled in my expectations in how I thought it would have played out for him. That said he has equally failed in some ways for not winning the Euros against Italy I have to say that. I expected it to go tits up under him so he has done well for me.

Plus I doubt the was much out there when the job was up for grabs. I don't want a foreign coach/manager so the field to replace him becomes narrow. Eddie Howe might well be next for the job once the Toon Lot chops him (no pun intended) or Grahame Potter.

Throwing a realistic name into the hat always gets you credit from me when folk want a gaffer out. :bigjack 
The only sensible comment on this post MP. Other managers have had far better squads than GS but failed, Cappello, Ericsson,McLaren etc. GS only has about 22 per cent of premier League players to pick from which makes his win record even more impressive

Blott

Quote from: Gboro64 on September 08, 2023, 05:16:29 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on September 08, 2023, 02:42:39 PMYou, we can all question Southgates time with England he did pull it all around at a time when we were shite and was happy to step into the fold. Yes im with you all in that he was what the fa big wigs wanted for brand purposes.

The only sensible comment on this post MP. Other managers have had far better squads than GS but failed, Cappello, Ericsson,McLaren etc. GS only has about 22 per cent of premier League players to pick from which makes his win record even more impressive
he balls it good against a one man team Croatia, we then had a goal start against Italy. He has won nothing. He never has a plan B. His playing of a Centre Half who has played in the central league for 2 years, getting no where near the first team sums his decision making. He is a walking yes man to the press who suck it up. For me no more than 3/10

TMG501

It's What's In The Groove That Counts