Was this on the Ayresome Park playlist?

Started by John Trebor, August 26, 2023, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Trebor

erimus74

Remember that song not from Ayresome Park though, me & my younger brother made a deal that we would buy the record that was No1 on our 10th birthday

Unfortunately mine was Lieutenant Pigeons, mouldy old dough, our Kevs 10th birthday was a lot more trendy, class song, Chicory Tip, Son of my father

I was telling this to my son the othervwhen mouldy old dough came on the radio, he just smiled & said, yea its not the best dad 😳

John Trebor

Think that's bad? Just checked and mine was 'Save All Your Kisses For Me' by Brotherhood of bloody Man. 😞

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on August 27, 2023, 12:19:34 AMThink that's bad? Just checked and mine was 'Save All Your Kisses For Me' by Brotherhood of bloody Man. 😞

I'd swap that there over mine, at least they had an attractive blond in the group

tonyangelino

Metal Guru was my 10th birthday no1. Good luck charm by Elvis the day i was born.

teamboro

Space Oddity was number one on my 10th birthday  get off my cloud was number one when I was born
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Reidydog

This Ole House by Shakin' Stevens was number one on my 10th birthday.  Hot Love by T Rex the day I was born.

Reidydog

Quote from: erimus74 on August 27, 2023, 12:09:12 AMRemember that song not from Ayresome Park though, me & my younger brother made a deal that we would buy the record that was No1 on our 10th birthday

Unfortunately mine was Lieutenant Pigeons, mouldy old dough, our Kevs 10th birthday was a lot more trendy, class song, Chicory Tip, Son of my father

I was telling this to my son the othervwhen mouldy old dough came on the radio, he just smiled & said, yea its not the best dad 😳

Chicory Tip - Son of my Father was number one the day my missus was born, making her 10th birthday The Jam - Town called malice.

Johnny Thunder

Day I was born.

Engelbert Humperdinck
The Last Waltz

:rav:

:rudi:

teamboro

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on August 27, 2023, 11:09:15 AMDay I was born.

Engelbert Humperdinck
The Last Waltz

What about your 10th birthday JT
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

If this was a relegation musical song thread then its looking at if I would need snookers, sinking without a paddle😳

Johnny Thunder

Engelbert Humperdinck
The Last Waltz

I've checked four sites and two say the above.

The other two say San Francisco by Scott McKenzie.

:peopleseyebrow:

Johnny Thunder

Just checked on Wiki and it is Scott McKenzie.

erimus74

Engelbert Humperdinck
The Last Waltz

Another top 2 song, definitely in the autos spot 👍

Bud Wiser

Quote from: John Trebor on August 26, 2023, 11:23:42 PMFeels like it was but I'm not sure.....

I think that was only used to describe the contents of Charlie Amer's wallet!

This certainly was on the playlist though...
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 27, 2023, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: John Trebor on August 26, 2023, 11:23:42 PMFeels like it was but I'm not sure.....

😁

markmywords

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 27, 2023, 02:30:24 PM

Also The Hustle by Van McCoy. Nobody has ever come up with the title of the music that Bernard Gent played when we were all leaving the ground at Ayresome though. Destined to be one of life's unsolved mysteries.

erimus74

No1 on the day I was born was tell laura I love her, No1 for 3 weeks

Nosmo-King

Our season in the old 3rd division in the 60's -

Silence is Golden by The Tremeloes

And Herb Alpert ( Tijuana Taxi or something similar!)

Played virtually every game

And Oh Well by Fleetwood Mac ( Radio Ayresome)

TheWalker

Dawn with Tie a yellow ribbon ....... was number 1 on my 10th birthday-used to know all the words to it

tunstall

The Bay City Rollers (whoever the fuck they are) were #1 when I was born with Give a Little Love

Tenth birthday it was Sister Sledge with Frankie 

erimus74

Quote from: TheWalker on August 27, 2023, 05:58:28 PMDawn with Tie a yellow ribbon ....... was number 1 on my 10th birthday-used to know all the words to it

😁

erimus74

Quote from: tunstall on August 27, 2023, 06:42:43 PMThe Bay City Rollers (whoever the fuck they are) were #1 when I was born with Give a Little Love

Tenth birthday it was Sister Sledge with Frankie 

😳

Ah the 70's