Previous topic - Next topic

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

ARCHER TO SHEFF UTD FOR 18 MILLION

RAMSEY TO BURNLEY FOR 14 MILLION

I REMEMBER WHEN WE WHERE BIGGER THAN THESE 2 CLUBS PUT TOGETHER 😡😡😡

:rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Redsteel (Moderator)

When you employed Pulis and spunked 7 million on Savile, it doesn't take a genius to see where it went wrong. Roll back 2006, the year we were in a Euro final and it still more or less regarded as the UEFA Cup, which had the worlds eyes on exposure wise. Gibbo, knowing he couldn't keep bank rolling the club the way he did to reach such heights, that was the time to have got that outside investment in, to kick the club on. Nobody is going to convince me that a team in a euro final that was on an incredible uptrend, wasn't an attractive proposition to be invested in. I remember around the time, back end of 2005 that RedBull had made an approach to become major holders of the club but were refuted straight away. Only the few will know the truth but it made sense to me at the time as to where we were and the interest the club would be getting. One thing I'm sure of, Gibbo isn't giving that club up for nobody, it's his and that is it.   

Francks left peg

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 23, 2023, 11:14:37 AMARCHER TO SHEFF UTD FOR 18 MILLION

Both got buy back clauses inserted into their deals. If I was a fan of Shef or Burnley I wouldn't be happy with that. Wonder how much the clause is set at.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Francks left peg on August 23, 2023, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 23, 2023, 11:14:37 AMARCHER TO SHEFF UTD FOR 18 MILLION

Both got buy back clauses inserted into their deals. If I was a fan of Shef or Burnley I wouldn't be happy with that. Wonder how much the clause is set at.

Just a few million over. Its a loan plain and simple.

Francks left peg

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 23, 2023, 12:04:37 PM
Quote from: Francks left peg on August 23, 2023, 11:47:25 AM

Just a few million over. Its a loan plain and simple.

If that is the case, it's a stupid piece of buisness, that the fans should be calling out. There's no way a deal should be allowed to go through if that's the case. No doubt something to do with fixing the ffp rules

Keanu_Reeves

I'll never understand the logic behind putting Southgate in charge when he could have had the pick of a host of the top managers in Europe at the time - the clubs never really recovered from that dumbass decision

Gboro64

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 23, 2023, 11:44:48 AMWhen you employed Pulis and spunked 7 million on Savile, it doesn't take a genius to see where it went wrong. Roll back 2006, the year we were in a Euro final and it still more or less regarded as the UEFA Cup, which had the worlds eyes on exposure wise. Gibbo, knowing he couldn't keep bank rolling the club the way he did to reach such heights, that was the time to have got that outside investment in, to kick the club on. Nobody is going to convince me that a team in a euro final that was on an incredible uptrend, wasn't an attractive proposition to be invested in. I remember around the time, back end of 2005 that RedBull had made an approach to become major holders of the club but were refuted straight away. Only the few will know the truth but it made sense to me at the time as to where we were and the interest the club would be getting. One thing I'm sure of, Gibbo isn't giving that club up for nobody, it's his and that is it.   
Pulis actually brought more money into the club than what he spent and got is to the play offs. I agree Saville was a waste of money. If you want to blame anyone blame Monk. 7 million on Fletcher, 15 million on Britt, 8 on Braithwaite,

Francks left peg

Quote from: Gboro64 on August 23, 2023, 07:00:07 PM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 23, 2023, 11:44:48 AMWhen you employed Pulis and spunked 7 million on Savile, it doesn't take a genius to see where it went wrong. Roll back 2006, the year we were in a Euro final and it still more or less regarded as the UEFA Cup, which had the worlds eyes on exposure wise. Gibbo, knowing he couldn't keep bank rolling the club the way he did to reach such heights, that was the time to have got that outside investment in, to kick the club on. Nobody is going to convince me that a team in a euro final that was on an incredible uptrend, wasn't an attractive proposition to be invested in. I remember around the time, back end of 2005 that RedBull had made an approach to become major holders of the club but were refuted straight away. Only the few will know the truth but it made sense to me at the time as to where we were and the interest the club would be getting. One thing I'm sure of, Gibbo isn't giving that club up for nobody, it's his and that is it.   
Pulis actually brought more money into the club than what he spent and got is to the play offs. I agree Saville was a waste of money. If you want to blame anyone blame Monk. 7 million on Fletcher, 15 million on Britt, 8 on Braithwaite,

I take what you are saying and agree with the vast majority of it, particularly regarding Pulis and his overall balance sheet, and Monk 'the snake,' but Britt scored a shed load of goals for the club. Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't his strike rate for the club almost 1 goal in 3 appearances? Give me that now and I'd bite your hand off.

tunstall

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Gboro64 on August 23, 2023, 07:00:07 PM

My point being the whole show has been a joke for the best part of 15yrs now. I hope this new model works out and that they don;t try and do it on the cheap, fooling the fans.