Main Menu

Buzzing

Started by erimus74, August 20, 2023, 12:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Going through some of my older programmes I found a match report & only one word can describe the find, even thiugh I have that season scrapbook it truly is absolutelyfantasticallysuperbrilliantamazing

And by one of my favourite all time players, our best ever defender, IMHO mind

BoroRedKen

Quality find.

Its mad to think i had just had my 1st birthday then!

:bigjack

erimus74

And I was one month short of 11 years old 😏

BoroRedKen

Like Lids told me the other day "You are still a pup lad!"..

:alf:

BoroRedKen

He managed to tell the whole boozer as well!

:alf:  :alf:

Blott

Great word Buzzing. Yesterday I was sat beside a carer of a woman I guess mid 30's, from your area of the globe Ken. For both it was their first game. After 10 minutes in her red shirt she comes out with I am Buzzing.

There are some really brilliant people in this country.

BoroRedKen

I concur. We are certainly fans of retro words on here.

We all know what you get called if you mess up a quote!

:alf:

markmywords

Quote from: erimus74 on August 20, 2023, 12:47:06 PMGoing through some of my older programmes I found a match report & only one word can describe the find, even thiugh I have that season scrapbook it truly is absolutelyfantasticallysuperbrilliantamazing

I was thinking of a different game when I saw that headline.
I remember a game, may have been his debut for the Boro against Bury and he scored 2 playing at centre forward. Think it was last game of the season. It was before I started going regularly so maybe season or 2 before?
Sure you Erimus will be able to fill in the details

erimus74

Quote from: markmywords on August 20, 2023, 04:29:01 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on August 20, 2023, 12:47:06 PMGoing through some of my older programmes I found a match report & only one word can describe the find, even thiugh I have that season scrapbook it truly is absolutelyfantasticallysuperbrilliantamazing

I remember a game, may have been his debut for the Boro against Bury and he scored 2 playing at centre forward. Think it was last game of the season. It was before I started going regularly so maybe season or 2 before?

It was his full debut he made a sub appearence a few games earlier

He scored one from a corner, a few minutes later from another corner he hit the crossbar
After the players returned for pre season training he smiled as he looked across & the ball stain mark was still visable on the crossbar

Boro lost 3-2 to almost relegated Bury, our final hone game of the season & on only home defeat too

Blott

I can't remember any game, I am hopeless.

tunstall

Did we play yesterday?

:ponder:

erimus74

markmywords

Quote from: erimus74 on August 20, 2023, 05:18:35 PM

He scored one from a corner, a few minutes later from another corner he hit the crossbar
After the players returned for pre season training he smiled as he looked across & the ball stain mark was still visable on the crossbar

Boro lost 3-2 to almost relegated Bury, our final hone game of the season & on only home defeat too
What a player he was. I remember first few games 73/74 Big Jack played him in midfield until Greame Sounds claimed his place. He would have probably done a decent job in goal too.

erimus74

Quote from: markmywords on August 20, 2023, 07:03:12 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on August 20, 2023, 05:18:35 PM

What a player he was. I remember first few games 73/74 Big Jack played him in midfield until Greame Sounds claimed his place. He would have probably done a decent job in goal too.

Couldnt agree more

I went to a 73-74 former players reunion when Stuey Boam stood up & spoke about his telepathic twin WM, then finished with saying, if he played in goal he would have been the best in the club

erimus74