Huddersfield Town match thread

Started by erimus74, August 16, 2023, 08:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Well here we are the 1st return to the Riverside since his terribly organised dismissal by the Boro & hopefully, his return on Saturday will see the Boro give a nice, warm reception to good auld Boris Neil Warnock , Gibbo asked him to save us from relegation, he came & answered our prayers, not only saving us from the dreaded drop but what could have followed, we have a lot to thank the best ever championship manager for but come kickoff, all the niceties go out of the window for the valuable 3 points

This will be the 3rd fixture Michael Carrick & Neil Warnock will have faced one another,  both claiming a win each, Neil Warnock in a league game, Michael Carick in the cup, both games were at the John Smiths arena, 1st one in battle at the Riverside

I will wager a bet Neil Warnock will be so looking forward to this game & why shouldn't he, I certainly am

Both clubs go in to this game pointless after losing both our league games, with Boro bottom & Huddersfield directly above us, courtesy of  our worse minus GD

We have to go back to 2001/02 season for the last time we lost our 3 opening games of the season, in fact we lost the 1st 4 games,  Arsenal, Bolton, Everton & Newcastle

Remember when Emersons cousin, Fabio, played his one & only Boro game at home to Huddersfield Town in December 1997, becoming the 49th different player to play only the one game for us & IMHO, was  MOTM in a 3-0 win,  amazingly, he never played again

Looking forward to seeing our  new signings, we're now recording registeted players past the 1,000 debutant players mark

1971 Huddersfield Town were showing interest in our talisman CF big John, we asked for £100k & Frank Worthington

25/12/1920 -  1st division  - 1st home game between both clubs, Boro 2 Huddersfield 0 with a brace from goalscoring sensation George Elliott, an attendance of 35,000 at Ayresome Park

5/4/2016 - Gaston Ramirez scored the third & final goal that day, as Boro ran out 3-0 winners, it  was the 100th home goal scored against Huddersfield Town

2 big home wins v Huddersfield
30/9/1950  Boro won 8-0
22/4/1957 Boro won 7-2

To balance it out Huddersfield had a big win at Ayresome Park
25/8/1962 Boro 0 Huddersfield 5

Boro v Huddersfield will be the 51st meeting between the two teams on Teesside with the following record:

Won - 31
Drew -10
Lost - 9
Goals scored - 103
Goals against - 48

Hat tricks & more in games v Huddersfield Town

12th November 1938 - Micky Fenton became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team hat trick when he bagged his 4th Boro hat trick in a 4-1 home win over Huddersfield in a 1st division match. It was the 48th HT at Ayresome Park & 64th in total

30th September 1950 seen two Boro players score hat tricks in the same game when the mighty Boro beat Huddersfield 8-0, this was the 2nd this has happened to the Boro & the 1st time in a league game

Alex McCrae became the 29th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 2nd Boro carear hat trick, the 60th at Ayresome Park & 78th in total

Wilf Mannion became the 25th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 4th Boro career hattrick, the 61st at Ayresome Park & 79th in total

22nd April 1957 - Brian Clough became the 11th different Boro player to score 4 goals in a competitive game when the Boro beat Huddersfield 5-1 at Ayresome Park, it was the 20th time a player had scored 4 in one game

10th October 1987 - Bernie Slaven became the 44th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 2nd (1st league Boro career hat trick) the clubs 29th away hat trick  & 119th in total

Debuts v Huddersfield

01/05/1922 - Maurice Webster away lost 2-1
25/08/1923 - Victor Freeman away lost 1-0
25/08/1923 - Alf Maitland away lost 1-0
10/04/1928 - Sydney Jarvis away won 2-0
10/04/1928 - Bert Hall away won 2-0 - Scored on debut
12/10/1929 - John Elkes home lost 3-1
19/02/1936 - George Hawkins away lost 4-1 - 19th Boro player to play one game only
17/04/1947 - Gordon Hepple away lost 3-1
07/11/1959 - Derek Wilkie home won 1-0
03/02/1962 - Neville Chapman away drew 0-0
28/08/1965 - Dicky Rooks away lost 6-0
28/10/1997 - Fabio Moreira home won 3-0 - Emmersons cousin - 31st  Boro player to play one game only
13/09/2014 - Jelle Vossen away won 2-1 - 67th loaned player - loaned from Genk - 46th at the Riverside
08/08/2023 - Rav Van der Berg won 3-2
08/08/2023 - Tom Glover won 3-2
08/08/2023 - Fin Cartright won 3-2 - Our 2nd youngest debutant

A number of players who played for both team

Brian Laws
Adam Clayton
Jordon Rhodes
Jonathan Hogg - This season he's celebrating his 10 years at Huddersfield, Boro lad, played in our academy but never the 1st team
John Coddington coach - Recently passed away - Applied for the Boro managers job when the late, great Willie Maddren was dismissed
Luke Coddington GK - John Coddingtons grandson

Neil Warnock has managed both teams

1st January 1986 - Boro 0 Huddesfield 1 streaker ran on to the pitch

UTMB

Johnny Thunder

Excellent post Erimus.

I'm going with a renewed confidence and a 3-1 Boro.

:carrick4:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

IF HE PLAYS THE TEAM I WOULD PLAY WE WILL WIN.... IF HE FUCKS ABOUT WITH SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES WE WON'T 🙄🙄🙄

DIENG
ENGLE
MCNAIR
FRY
LENIHAN
MCGREE
HACKNEY
SILVERA
FORSS
COBURN
LATHE

👍💪💪💪👍  4-2-3-1
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TerryCochranesSocks

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on August 16, 2023, 10:10:35 AM

Loved that game, I think that was one of the early signs that when we clicked we were good, very good

Huddersfield brought a good following, filled behind the goal & were in good voice, they fancied their chances against our foreign superstars, but we just blew them away, Juninhos goal was a top goal for me, one of my favourite goals from the little fella, which settled us down & we never looked back

Just how good could that team have been with a good Keeper & a resonable back 4!

Nosmo-King

As usual, superb stuff Erimus. One memory I have is back in the early 70's, a load of Huddersfield fans arrived very early and took up their position on the Holgate! This didn't please the locals when they arrived. A hail of bricks were thrown into the Holgate from the middle entrance/ exit followed by a sizeable charge.

The Huddersfield fans were on their toes and the Holgate returned to its normal and rightful position we all knew.

Sadly instances like this were pretty commonplace back in those days.

Francks left peg

Well done again on another excellent thread. The Comcast east stand. Forgot all about that.

TMG501

A proper preview. Brilliant stuff  :carrick2:  :highfive:  :leo1:
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

Redsteel (Moderator)

I'm not confident we will gel enough to win easy, but I don't see us losing either. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Great stuff again Erimus.

John Trebor

Good stuff Erimus.
One of my favourite goals was against Huddersfiel.
God only knows why Leadbitter thought shooting from 60 yards was a good idea......

tunstall

Quote from: Nosmo-King on August 16, 2023, 10:40:50 AMAs usual, superb stuff Erimus. One memory I have is back in the early 70's, a load of Huddersfield fans arrived very early and took up their position on the Holgate! This didn't please the locals when they arrived. A hail of bricks were thrown into the Holgate from the middle entrance/ exit followed by a sizeable charge.

The Huddersfield fans were on their toes and the Holgate returned to its normal and rightful position we all knew.

Hooliganism.

Reported.

tunstall

Gboro64

If ever a game has a 0-1 defeat wrote on it it's this one. Colin to do a job on us.

erimus74

Quote from: tunstall on August 16, 2023, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: Nosmo-King on August 16, 2023, 10:40:50 AMAs usual, superb stuff Erimus. One memory I have is back in the early 70's, a load of Huddersfield fans arrived very early and took up their position on the Holgate! This didn't please the locals when they arrived. A hail of bricks were thrown into the Holgate from the middle entrance/ exit followed by a sizeable charge.

Hooliganism.

Reported.

😁

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: Gboro64 on August 16, 2023, 02:43:42 PMIf ever a game has a 0-1 defeat wrote on it it's this one. Colin to do a job on us.

Yes you could acually see that happeniing

If Carlsberg done returning managers adverts then his would be a big placard with the words, to flyme love Boris 😉

teamboro

Sadly another defeat to one of Neil's side's

Mighty Reds 0-2 Hudders

Hope I'm wrong
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

ONE THING YOU CAN BET YA FUCKING BOOTS 👢👢 ON 👍

WARNOCK WILL HAVE EM FIRED UP AND THEY WILL HAVE ABOUT A THOUSAND FANS BACKING THEM TOO 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TommyDickfingers

Colin returning and he will set them up similar to how Millwall played against us in my opinion.

Really tight game that will be decided by goals and that.

Mighty Boro 5  Clinkery Arsed Terriers 1

UTFB

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HEARD THAT LATHE MIGHT NOT GET A WORK PERMIT IN TIME FOR SATURDAY 🙄🙄🙄

WELL LET'S HOPE HE PLAYS COBURN UP FRONT AND NOT CROOKS AND ROGERS 👎👎👎

CROOKS IS NO BETTER NOW THAN AN IMPACT SUB...
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

AtomicDog

2-1 to the mighty Boro
🐾
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Blott

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 17, 2023, 08:00:09 AMHEARD THAT LATHE MIGHT NOT GET A WORK PERMIT IN TIME FOR SATURDAY 🙄🙄🙄

I agree on Crooks. Let's give Rogers a few games before we write him off.

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on August 18, 2023, 11:54:14 AM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 17, 2023, 08:00:09 AMHEARD THAT LATHE MIGHT NOT GET A WORK PERMIT IN TIME FOR SATURDAY 🙄🙄🙄

I agree on Crooks. Let's give Rogers a few games before we write him off.

Rogers looked good in the 2nd half, whether he was moved there or dropped back himself, could have scored a cracking goal & made 2 assists, to be truthful he should have scored & both players he played in should have scored