EDUCATION UNDER LABOUR

Started by BoroRedKen, August 14, 2023, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northallerton_Boro

I work with Schools on a daily basis.

The school environment is horrific nowadays for staff and they spend far to long in situations they are not trained/prepared from. The issues are magnified in big Citys - for example, a school i visit bang in the centre of Leeds has metal detecors you have to walk through like an airport in reception due to the sheer number of items they find. Police are in there more than they are not.

Violence
Children being Groomed
Mental health and suicide
Threats

This is not the story for all schools but i would say is much more common and teaching staff have had enough of being abused, assaulted, spat at.

BoroRedKen

I would hate to be of secondary school age now.

The pressure some children are under is very concerning to me.

From pre-covid the "normal" basis of the 3 "R"'s method of teaching to coming back to full time education with the explosion of gender, "wokeism", social media "influencers" etc the kids heads must be ready to explode.

Then they go home and if their parents are that way inclined their heads are boxed by their "ideas".

I dont subscribe to all this "aw theres no youth clubs" claptrap.

Get education back to basics. Stop teachers straying from the old national cirriculum.
And allow discipline back in the home.

Blott

If by discipline you mean hitting, I disagree 100%. As they saying goes it might not have done any harm but it never did any good.

Most non family murderers have been brought up having been given a good hiding.

You  can't live like yesterday. How many people over 40 get : there, their or they're wrong,

BoroRedKen

Discipline takes many forms.

Making some kids understand the words "no" "behave" "respect" and "get to bed" would be a good start.

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 16, 2023, 11:23:41 AMDiscipline takes many forms.

Making some kids understand the words "no" "behave" "respect" and "get to bed" would be a good start.
compelete agreement.

Yesterday I saw a a young woman with I would guess a six month old baby in their pushchair. As she left the shop she put a playstation on the cover and went straight onto her own phone. The inter contact was zero.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 16, 2023, 11:18:06 AMHow many people over 40 get : there, their or they're wrong,

On here? Fuckin' loads!

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Blott on August 16, 2023, 02:42:45 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 16, 2023, 11:23:41 AMDiscipline takes many forms.

compelete agreement.

Yesterday I saw a a young woman with I would guess a six month old baby in their pushchair. As she left the shop she put a playstation on the cover and went straight onto her own phone. The inter contact was zero.

I see it everyday.

When i see them at zebra crossings with a toddler and baby in a pram and the "mum" on her phone i cringe with fear.

rutters

Wait a minute...what's wrong with sending every child to Private School?

I'm pretty sure people would start really valuing education if they had to pay for it. They might even be more aspirational in earning more to buy better tuition for their children.

Imagine the genuine competition it would create to attain higher grades and in providing higher standards and value.

Also see: The NHS