EDUCATION UNDER LABOUR

Started by BoroRedKen, August 14, 2023, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: Blott on August 14, 2023, 10:33:50 PMPrivate education is wrong in so many ways. I don't give a flying if you can afford it.

There should be no tax breaks. Pay VAT on it.

If I could afford it I would have sent my kids. But I would not have expected any help from the government.

I wonder if they can help with my holidays after all it could be educational.

Consider the fact that there is clear evidence that those children who go through private education go on to achieve greater earnings than those who have been state educated (we're dealing here with general rules, not specific cases).
Those people will therefore pay much more income tax throughout their working life.
It's like not paying tax at the point of investment but taxing the resultant earnings later.

It is also worth mentioning that parents who send their kids to private schools are not absolved from paying into the state system at the same time through their taxes, if they're going to be taxed on their private school fees should they not be excluded from paying into the state system they're not benefitting from?

I note with some amusement that you voice the typical 'labourite' statement -
"Private education is wrong in so many ways..I would have sent my kids"

It's the politics of envy and hypocrisy which Margaret Thatcher exposed brilliantly.
that's very logical. Put every child into private school. Can you imagine the tax take. Everyone's a winner.

I am envious of no one.

Maggie sold Gas elec and water for pennies, she sold BT for farthings.

She created the biggest social problem in 100 years by selling council houses, it is a disaster.

BoroRedKen

"Was there a channel boat people problem under Labour, no."

No you are right. Just unfettered immigration.

72 different proposals by the Conservatives has been blocked by Labour. 72!

I have to say Blotts the people you work with have obs been through the correct channels and obtained Visas "legally". You have your head in the sand if you think all the 1's trying to cross the channel are "law abiding".

Take Uber food deliveries from Mcdonalds. On the app you get a photo of the "driver". Only a few times has the driver ever been the person in the picture when i have ordered.
You dont to be an expert in immigration to work out whats going on there. "The GIG economy"...

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 15, 2023, 12:41:48 PM"Was there a channel boat people problem under Labour, no."

I have to say Blotts the people you work with have obs been through the correct channels and obtained Visas "legally". You have your head in the sand if you think all the 1's trying to cross the channel are "law abiding".

Take Uber food deliveries from Mcdonalds. On the app you get a photo of the "driver". Only a few times has the driver ever been the person in the picture when i have ordered.
You dont to be an expert in immigration to work out whats going on there. "The GIG economy"...
you mean the Tory success of zero hour contracts.

I do t give a flying f who delivers the take away, does it taste better?

You have your head in the sand if you think all the 1's trying to cross the channel are "law abiding". I agree as you said earlier the immigration under Labour was organised and controlled. 

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 12:18:39 PMthat's very logical. Put every child into private school. 

Where did I say that?
 :pd:

How's the NHS waiting list doing under Labour run Wales?

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 12:47:49 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 15, 2023, 12:41:48 PM"Was there a channel boat people problem under Labour, no."

you mean the Tory success of zero hour contracts.

No i dont.

I mean the "accounts" registered on Uber are then "rented" out to less unscrupulous people.

Every High Street has at least 2/3 Turkish Barbers. We have 1 up here. The last lad who was the barber up here shut because there was no business (and its not because he was crap he is even a "face" up here). Mercs and brand new BMW's parked outside but nobody ever appears to be in there.
The 1 in Guissy they are always up the alley having a crafty smoke!

Immigration raided a car washing place up here a little while ago. 4 illegal workers.

Now i expect you to come back with "let them work whilst their asylum claims are processed".

I will retort " Bit harder to do when they are told to bin their documents and play the system until their identity is established"

So we can save ourselves a bit of writing on that 1.  :rick:

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 01:00:42 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 12:18:39 PMthat's very logical. Put every child into private school. 

Where did I say that?

Consider the fact that there is clear evidence that those children who go through private education go on to achieve greater earnings than those who have been state educated (we're dealing here with general rules, not specific cases).
Those people will therefore pay much more income tax throughout their working life.
It's like not paying tax at the point of investment but taxing the resultant earnings later.

Er, you.

As for Wales I have no idea. But the funding does come from London.

BoroRedKen

I do t give a flying f who delivers the take away, does it taste better?

Eh? Send your daughter to collect a Big Mac at the door and you dont care who delivers it?

Thank fuck Uber was not around when Sutcliffe was at his peak......

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:03:22 PM

Where did I say that?

Er, you.

Are you seeing some different words or something? You still pissed?
That paragraph talks about tax on fees versus tax on earnings later.

As for Wales - yes, the funding comes from the taxpayers of the UK, the amount is decided by government and it's higher per capita than the spend in England. The waiting list however, is longer.

Blott

But Uber is a Tory idea, they don't want to give people contracts.

I won't comment on daughter's going to the door, but I don't have any evidence that a woman has ever been pulled through a door.

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 01:08:52 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:03:22 PM

Where did I say that?

Er, you.

Are you seeing some different words or something? You still pissed?
That paragraph talks about tax on fees versus tax on earnings later.

As for Wales - yes, the funding comes from the taxpayers of the UK, the amount is decided by government and it's higher per capita than the spend in England. The waiting list however, is longer.
hmmm, you are getting desperate. It's obvious what you said in the Paragraph you wrote.

Try reading it. You wrote it, not JK Rowling.

To further clarify: you said we make more money in tax from those who go to private school that being a benefit to the economy. I said if that's the case send all kids to private school. To paraphrase Del; everyone is a winner.

TerryCochranesSocks

"Consider the fact that there is clear evidence that those children who go through private education go on to achieve greater earnings than those who have been state educated (we're dealing here with general rules, not specific cases).
It's like not paying tax at the point of investment but taxing the resultant earnings later."

Blott translation = "Put every child in private school"

Seek help, stay off the booze.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Gentleman I give to you........ the Whataboutery Champion of 2023!!!!!!

Blotty!

:carrick3:

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 01:18:39 PM"Consider the fact that there is clear evidence that those children who go through private education go on to achieve greater earnings than those who have been state educated (we're dealing here with general rules, not specific cases).
It's like not paying tax at the point of investment but taxing the resultant earnings later."

Blott translation = "Put every child in private school"

Seek help, stay off the booze.

I am agreeing with you. Private school create more tax, so send everyone to one.

What's wrong with that?

Blott

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on August 15, 2023, 01:20:21 PMGentleman I give to you........ the Whataboutery Champion of 2023!!!!!!

Blotty!

how is that when I am the one who backs everything I say by evidence?

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:11:21 PMTo further clarify: you said we make more money in tax from those who go to private school that being a benefit to the economy. I said if that's the case send all kids to private school. To paraphrase Del; everyone is a winner.

To further clarify; that is your response to my observation that tax earnings might be higher from kids who have been through private education, throughout their careers, than the tax being suggested by Labour is taken at the time of the education.

No-one, other than the mental little pissed pixie who seems to live in your head, said anything about sending every kid to private school.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:22:29 PMhow is that when I am the one who backs everything I say by evidence?

You use your second opinion to back up your first opinion, unfortunately for you both first and second appear to be pissed as arseholes.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:22:29 PM
Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on August 15, 2023, 01:20:21 PMGentleman I give to you........ the Whataboutery Champion of 2023!!!!!!

Blotty!

Fuck off then if you don't want the honour

Crocket was happy to accept it in 2021 and 2022

We not good enough?

:supremeleader:

Blott

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 01:24:19 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:22:29 PMhow is that when I am the one who backs everything I say by evidence?

You use your second opinion to back up your first opinion, unfortunately for you both first and second appear to be pissed as arseholes.
you have lost the argument. I love it.

Blott

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on August 15, 2023, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:22:29 PM

Blotty!

Fuck off then if you don't want the honour

Crocket was happy to accept it in 2021 and 2022

We not good enough?

:supremeleader:

no, I will wear it with pride.

You made me laugh then, not a bad way to go to work. Cheers.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 15, 2023, 01:24:19 PM

you have lost the argument. I love it.

Yes, and you won the Grand National dressed a pantomime horse.
Well done.

Blott

I was second to your Umpa Lumpa.

Johnny Thunder

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on August 15, 2023, 01:58:25 PMI was second to your Umpa Lumpa.

My Umpa Lumpa was found to have traces of Ivermectin and was cancelled.

Johnny Thunder

Fuckin good crack this nut house like.

:rudi:

AtomicDog

Least people have a crack on here.

🐾
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈