Thoughts - Demolition of Ayresome Park

Started by erimus74, August 13, 2023, 09:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Next season will be the 30th anniversary of the final season at AP

I took photos from the ground standing, to the stands coming down, to the housing estate going up, videoed it all too. Over a period of time I put together a A3 120 page scrapbook which included, the 1st interest & arrival of Robbo, every match report played that season, aswell as many other match reports from various sessons, all the info of the demolition from the Evening Gazette to the sale of items etc, every team photo, fixtures, scores etc in the 93 years we played there

All the stats regarding players, managers, loans etc from 1903-1995 & much more

Question to anyone off here, if I was to show it to someone of note to put it into print, do you think there would be enough interest there

erimus74

A few examples of how the pages look

Gingerpig

Go to the Dorman mate , talk to the curators there , its local history

erimus74

Quote from: Gingerpig on August 13, 2023, 10:10:46 PMGo to the Dorman mate , talk to the curators there , its local history

Good shout, thanks for that

Gingerpig

They would prob too do a "proper" display of yr menmo  stuff for a month , & prob add to yr collection/knowledge

i talk to the regular re WW1 superb help

John Trebor

Quote from: Gingerpig on August 13, 2023, 10:10:46 PMGo to the Dorman mate , talk to the curators there , its local history
Great idea.

John Trebor

I took my son to see The Riverside being built. He was 6 at the time and we were living in Kent. It was all part of his (successful) Boro brainwashing programme.
Anyway, I also decided to take him to  the old Ayresome Park site and we managed to get on to the pitch. The stands were half demolished and obviously there were no goals up. But you could still make out the pitch and goalmouth markings.
He had his little ball with him so we had a kick about (I was Stuart Boam, he was John Hendrie). Then the security guard ran on to chase us away. He must have been taking a shit when we got in.
Didn't have a camera with me to record it but my son still remembers it to this day (that's the kickabout, not the guard's shit Tunstall you wag).

tunstall

Why would you want to record someone having a shit?

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

With regard to putting it in print - the first problem would likely be that the copyright for most of the stuff would rest with the original producers i.e. MFC, Gazette, Football League etc

I dont know how you'd get round that

John Trebor

Quote from: tunstall on August 13, 2023, 11:23:57 PMWhy would you want to record someone having a shit?
Sell that for a lot of money on the correct website.
£3k easy
:money:

AtomicDog

Dorman museum is a great idea like aforementioned, it's local history, made by a local passionate Boro fan.

Just a word of caution . . . It's not far from  :westy:'s house of horror's.

You don't want him going, chucking darbo over your exhibition, trying to desecrate it.

Jealousy is a terrible trait
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on August 14, 2023, 08:23:28 AMDorman museum is a great idea like aforementioned, it's local history, made by a local passionate Boro fan.

Just a word of caution . . . It's not far from  :westy:'s house of horror's.

You don't want him going, chucking darbo over your exhibition, trying to desecrate it.

Jealousy is a terrible trait

Hopefully he wont get wind of it

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on August 13, 2023, 11:37:04 PM
Quote from: tunstall on August 13, 2023, 11:23:57 PMWhy would you want to record someone having a shit?
£3k easy
Bit steep that John, would be nice though, its all available to read at the main library, take a while to locate, most, not all, that info that I have

John Trebor

Quote from: erimus74 on August 14, 2023, 11:23:22 AM
£3k easy
Bit steep that John, would be nice though, its all available to read at the main library, take a while to locate, most, not all, that info that I have
I think you should double check the message I was replying to Erimus 👀. I would hope that isn't available at the library 😳

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on August 14, 2023, 12:40:50 PM
£3k easy
I think you should double check the message I was replying to Erimus 👀. I would hope that isn't available at the library 😳
Opps, sorry John, should be more careful reading stuff next time 😔

John Trebor

Quote from: erimus74 on August 14, 2023, 03:01:10 PM
Quote from: John Trebor on August 14, 2023, 12:40:50 PM
£3k easy
Opps, sorry John, should be more careful reading stuff next time 😔

Anyway, your stuff is worth way more than £3k. Especially the memories it gives you - priceless.