Coventry City v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, August 10, 2023, 06:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunstall

Now's the time to lump on us for champions

:leo3:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

THE COVENTRY SUB WHO CAME ON WRIGHT WHO THEY PAID 9 MILL FOR 🤔

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY GINGER RODGERS WAS MARKING HIM AT THE CORNER WHEN HE SCORED  🙄🙄🙄

AND NOT ONE OF OUR CENTRE BACKS FRY OR LENIHAN 😡😡😡

WHAT THE FUCK DOES WOODGATE OFFER TO THE TEAM 🤔🤔🤔

SUPPOSED TO BE A GREAT DEFENDER BUT SEEMS A SHIT ASSISTANT MANAGER 👎👎👎

WE CAN'T EVEN GET THE BASICS RIGHT 😔😔😔

I WANNA SEE COBURN STARTING UP FRONT NEXT FUCKING SATURDAY WITH FORSS AND HOWSON AND MCGREE IN THE TEAM OR I WON'T BE FUCKING HAPPY... RODGERS AND CROOKS NEED DROPPING 👍

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Redsteel (Moderator)

Can't blame Rogers mate, he isn't a CF, he's a number 10. When he dropped deep, that's when we had our only good spell, and set that sitter up for skippy to launch to the moon.

Carrick fucked up, trying the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome. He took Barlaser off when he was starting to control the middle, crooks should never start, and Forrs should have been up top with Rogers at 10. Nothing personal with coulson but he is league 1 standard at best and out of his depth. Mcnair isn't a right back but there out of necessity. However, when we have our best right back fit, we play Smith instead of Dicksteel.

Recruitment. We knew which players were leaving in May as far back as January, yet here we are mid August looking like league one fodder. We let Bola leave before we had a replacement and fill the squad by shopping at poundland. I hope I'm wrong but this feels like another woodgate season, buying a bunch of unknowns and coming out with the usual, 'Well we tried to get our targets, but we just couldn't get them over the line'. In the meantime  they are behind the scenes counting the 20 odd million they pocketed from last seasons and this seasons sales.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 13, 2023, 07:59:51 AMCan't blame Rogers mate, he isn't a CF, he's a number 10. When he dropped deep, that's when we had our only good spell, and set that sitter up for skippy to launch to the moon.

Carrick fucked up, trying the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome. He took Barlaser off when he was starting to control the middle, crooks should never start, and Forrs should have been up top with Rogers at 10. Nothing personal with coulson but he is league 1 standard at best and out of his depth. Mcnair isn't a right back but there out of necessity. However, when we have our best right back fit, we play Smith instead of Dicksteel.

Recruitment. We knew which players were leaving in May as far back as January, yet here we are mid August looking like league one fodder. We let Bola leave before we had a replacement and fill the squad by shopping at poundland. I hope I'm wrong but this feels like another woodgate season, buying a bunch of unknowns and coming out with the usual, 'Well we tried to get our targets, but we just couldn't get them over the line'. In the meantime  they are behind the scenes counting the 20 odd million they pocketed from last seasons and this seasons sales.

AND WHAT WE WILL GET FOR AKPOM... THIS IS BORO AND GIBSON ALL OVER... HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SIDE YESTERDAY... ALL THIS SHITE OH WE HAVE HAD BIDS FOR HIM 😡😡😡😡

WELL HE'S STILL A FUCKING BORO PLAYER YOU DAFT CUNTS TILL HE SIGNS FOR SOMEONE ELSE AND IS STILL GETTING FUCKING PAID SO HE SHOULD HAVE FUCKING STARTED 😡😡😡😡😡

HOW MANY PEOPLE TELL THERE BOSSES OH I'M WRAPPING IN TWO WEEKS TO GO TO ANOTHER JOB... OH HAVE 2 WEEKS OFF FREE ON PAY IN CASE YOU HURT YERSELF.. WOULDNT WANT YOU TO LOSE THIS NEW JOB...  :rav:

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 13, 2023, 07:59:51 AMCan't blame Rogers mate, he isn't a CF, he's a number 10. When he dropped deep, that's when we had our only good spell, and set that sitter up for skippy to launch to the moon.

Agree with all of that. And just to add; we finished last season with only ONE team in the Championship's top 14 conceding more than us, so we knew even back then we weren't great defensively. So starting the season with only one available full-back should have triggered a formation rethink? Surely, the most logical move would have been to switch to a back three? But no, he stuck with a four, playing a ball carrying midfielder and a third tier calibre left-back playing as wing-backs leaving Fry & Lenihan to cover everywhere defensively. Millwall's McNamara must've thought all his Christmases had come at once with all the room he was gifted. Ridiculous!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

that's when we had our only good spell, and set that sitter up for skippy to launch to the moon.😁

We ended last season & the season before with both managers comments regarding potential signings coming in, Wilder stated PL marquee signings ready to sign for us, nothing happened & Carrick stated, we've got our list of players depending what league we'll be in, both managers have fell short & both seasons have started off poorly

If we're going to give credit to Carrick then he has to take the blame for his part, its not all down to Gibbo, if any

We have to wait till the window shuts to see who we bring in & we're happy/not before we make any predictions going forward

Agree, Rogers looked more comfortable when pushed further back & why Carrick took off Balasar who was starting to impose himself in the game, I love Howson but he didnt improve us at all

TommyDickfingers

I watched 15 mins at end of first half.

Trying to walk it in, not enough urgency .............. basically the same as against Millwall.