SUNDAY DINNER

Started by BoroRedKen, August 06, 2023, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Off out to have my 1st Sunday Dinner since Carmen's passing.

And i cannot wait tbh!

Going to go mental. 2 meats all the veg cauliflower cheese and a mug of gravy!

Veggie belly tomorrow will be worth it!

Mike Peeler

You can not beat a good Sunday lunch feast home made or not. Meal of the week, year, and a lifetime IMO.

if I was on death row last meal - it would be one of them (mams of course) with a pint of John Smiths or Tetley club beer, not the piss water on offer at most drinking gaffs.

TeessideTopgun

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 11:31:36 AMOff out to have my 1st Sunday Dinner since Carmen's passing.

And i cannot wait tbh!

Going to go mental. 2 meats all the veg cauliflower cheese and a mug of gravy!

Veggie belly tomorrow will be worth it!

Love a nice roast dinner , but there again I love most things, henceI'll never wear a 32" waist in my lifetime 😂

Enjoy Ken you have earned it pal UTB 👍

Artie Fufkin

Enjoy Ken, have an extra Yorkshire. You can't beat a good Sunday dinner.  Best one I've had out was at the joiner's Arms in Newton by the sea, absolutely bloody lovely with a great pint of farne Island

RiversideRifle

Nice one Ken. Gonna roast a big daddy steak from Aldi. Use the juices to make the gravy and stuffing. Gonna have it on top of a bed of pasta  :rudi:
UTB

John Trebor

Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 06, 2023, 12:25:34 PMNice one Ken. Gonna roast a big daddy steak from Aldi. Use the juices to make the gravy and stuffing. Gonna have it on top of a bed of pasta  :rudi:
Pasta and gravy?
No.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER... MAKING ONE FOR THE PARENTS 👍💪👍

THEN OFF TO THE CROSS.... I ALWAYS HAVE MINE ABOUT 6 TO SOAK THE YAG UP 👍😎😎😎👍🍺🍺🍺🍺😜😋🍽�🐔
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

BoroRedKen

Well. I enjoyed that. Full as a gun, even the belt is open!

For the price its a steal. Loftus Club.

Beautiful. And its takeaway.

Would recommend it.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 06, 2023, 12:41:12 PMWINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER... MAKING ONE FOR THE PARENTS 👍💪👍

THEN OFF TO THE CROSS.... I ALWAYS HAVE MINE ABOUT 6 TO SOAK THE YAG UP 👍😎😎😎👍🍺🍺🍺🍺😜😋🍽�🐔

Puts ya just right for your Ovaltine and beddy byes at 8 dont it Lids?......

:alf:  :rav:

Kelloe

Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 06, 2023, 12:25:34 PMNice one Ken. Gonna roast a big daddy steak from Aldi. Use the juices to make the gravy and stuffing. Gonna have it on top of a bed of pasta  :rudi:

:bork:

Artie Fufkin

Steak on pasta with gravy, is this from Lids' cook book? Chicken leg with custard for pud?

erimus74

Good on ya Ken, 👌

RiversideRifle

UTB

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on August 06, 2023, 04:24:13 PM

Steak on pasta with gravy, is this from Lids' cook book? Chicken leg with custard for pud?

Francks left peg

Sounds like a good dinner, Ken. Hope you enjoyed.

BoroRedKen

It was delish Franck.

Maybe because it seems ages since i had 1 but it hit the spot.

Appetite has been all over this last few weeks (eating at daft times and the wrong things tbh) so it was even a bit of a "mental" lift to eat some "proper" grub.

:bigjack

BoroRedKen

Sunday dinner and tea were a massive part of growing up. Mum used to bake like a madwoman for a Sunday, pies bread the lot.

Peas steeped overnight with what looked like a Steradent tablet. Homemade Yorkies to die for. Famous round our way for her fadgies (homemade bread buns). Out of the oven warm smothered in Lurpack!

Magical!

BoroRedKen

Its something even me and Smoggers51 can agree on i bet!

Francks left peg

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 07:47:18 PMIt was delish Franck.

Maybe because it seems ages since i had 1 but it hit the spot.

Appetite has been all over this last few weeks (eating at daft times and the wrong things tbh) so it was even a bit of a "mental" lift to eat some "proper" grub.

:bigjack

Sorry to hear that,Ken. No doubt you will soon be back on it.

tonyangelino

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 07:52:52 PMSunday dinner and tea were a massive part of growing up. Mum used to bake like a madwoman for a Sunday, pies bread the lot.

Peas steeped overnight with what looked like a Steradent tablet. Homemade Yorkies to die for. Famous round our way for her fadgies (homemade bread buns). Out of the oven warm smothered in Lurpack!

Magical!

Them steeped peas are miles superior to tinned.

Francks left peg

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 07:52:52 PMSunday dinner and tea were a massive part of growing up. Mum used to bake like a madwoman for a Sunday, pies bread the lot.

Magical!

Fadgies and lurpak 😍😍😍

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 06, 2023, 12:41:12 PMWINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER... MAKING ONE FOR THE PARENTS 👍💪👍

STILL AWAKE FUCKING VICTOR MELDREW 👍😎👍💪💪💪🍺🍺🍺 ON THE WHISKY SHORTS NOW 🥃🥃🥃 WATCHING YELLOWSTONE 😎👍💪😜
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

BoroRedKen

Anybody got fed in our house.

The days when Dad had a Carvanette (?) and loads of us kids would pile in and go down the Breakwater.

Nowadays he would probs be on a register. Its only 40 yr ago! Its seems like them days were a dream.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 06, 2023, 08:13:50 PM

STILL AWAKE FUCKING VICTOR MELDREW 👍😎👍💪💪💪🍺🍺🍺 ON THE WHISKY SHORTS NOW 🥃🥃🥃 WATCHING YELLOWSTONE 😎👍💪😜

:alf:  :alf:

If i could get past not being a Costner fan i would like to give that show a go.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 08:15:49 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 06, 2023, 08:13:50 PM

:alf:  :alf:

If i could get past not being a Costner fan i would like to give that show a go.

ONE OF THE BEST SERIES YOU WILL EVER SEE ON THE GOGGLEBOX 👍💪👍 THE ACTING IS SUPERB.... BRUTAL AT TIMES BUT EDGE OF THE SEAT STUFF... I'M NOT A BIG KC FAN MESELF BUT THE OTHERS ACTORS STEAL THE SHOW 💪💪💪😎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G