Middlesbrough Mela

Started by Mike Peeler, August 06, 2023, 10:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

Takes place next week, the music is not my thing, but I've got to say the grub from some of these folk is top-notch, providing it's clean and prepared right and not like some of the takeaway shit you read about.

That Bombay Express looks the dogs bollox.

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you have some spare time and the weather is fine it's not a bad place for a wonder and a bite to eat.

We've had a mooch around before. :rudi:

*PS, remember if you can't be good don't be rude!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/back-public-demand-up-100-27457759

Artie Fufkin

Westy will be there on the sniff for a free omelette

BoroRedKen

The food is good. When i lived nr the Mosque on Waterloo Rd and there was a wedding on they used to knock on doors with trays of some of the finest grub ever.

The bread stuff was excellent. The nanns were the best i have ever eaten.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on August 06, 2023, 10:16:01 AMWesty will be there on the sniff for a free omelette

Dont even think i could snaffle up a Tikka omelette and ive eaten snails!

Reidydog

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 11:19:28 AMThe food is good. When i lived nr the Mosque on Waterloo Rd and there was a wedding on they used to knock on doors with trays of some of the finest grub ever.

Same here, I lived on Errol Street for a while and loved the grub the Mosque gave out.  My sister also owned the chip shop on Victoria Road (Think it's a sandwich shop these days).

Blott

It's a great place to spend a few hours. Try the sweets.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Reidydog on August 06, 2023, 12:07:21 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 11:19:28 AMThe food is good. When i lived nr the Mosque on Waterloo Rd and there was a wedding on they used to knock on doors with trays of some of the finest grub ever.

Same here, I lived on Errol Street for a while and loved the grub the Mosque gave out.  My sister also owned the chip shop on Victoria Road (Think it's a sandwich shop these days).

Small world Reidy! Used the chippy loads "back in the day".

:bigjack

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Blott on August 06, 2023, 01:20:05 PMIt's a great place to spend a few hours. Try the sweets.

Cant say i would know much about the desserts and sweet stuff. Was always to full to try any.

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 06, 2023, 01:20:05 PMIt's a great place to spend a few hours. Try the sweets.

Cant say i would know much about the desserts and sweet stuff. Was always to full to try any.
a few of the lads here bring them in. Very very sweet.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Blott on August 06, 2023, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 06, 2023, 01:21:55 PM

a few of the lads here bring them in. Very very sweet.

Thats not enough info for a chubster like me fella!
Names and descriptions needed!

BoroRedKen

And before you start descriptions of the sweets not the lads that bring them in!!

:alf:  :bigjack