Pools 4-2 up against Mackems

Started by Poolielad, August 01, 2023, 09:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolielad

Poolielad

Championship yer havin a laugh!!!!

Poolielad

Get ya IPTV on lads and watch the best team in the North East :buck:  :buck:  :buck:

tunstall

Good pre season for the chimp chokers

Hopefully they can carry that into the season

erimus74

Quote from: tunstall on August 01, 2023, 10:45:49 PMGood pre season for the chimp chokers

Hopefully they can carry that into the season

Some big teams in that league too

Gingerpig

I think pools will  go very  close in league

erimus74

Quote from: Gingerpig on August 02, 2023, 10:12:58 AMI think pools will  go very  close in league

Hope so, want them & Darlo promited next season, us too may I add

Mike Peeler

It would be good to see them both back in the football league - the thing is I don't think they will ever be sustainable. Even back in the day when reelection was the in thing for the fourth bottom - it was always Hartlepool or Darlington applying for re-election and they were always saved by the big 3 voting them to stay in the league over others.

So when you look back over they always appeared to be struggling at league level. They have however had some good years the pair of them.

erimus74

Quote from: Mike Peeler on August 02, 2023, 10:26:27 AMIt would be good to see them both back in the football league - the thing is I don't think they will ever be sustainable. Even back in the day when reelection was the in thing for the fourth bottom - it was always Hartlepool or Darlington applying for re-election and they were always saved by the big 3 voting them to stay in the league over others.

So when you look back over they always appeared to be struggling at league level. They have however had some good years the pair of them.

Good point, sure Hartlepool hold the record for winning re-election the most times

Francks left peg

They looked really good against Redcar the other week.

Poolielad

Yes, we hold the record, I think its 13 or 14.... I remember (very vaguely) awaiting the results from the big teams that voted to save whoever.....They must of had a soft spot for Pools at the time....But in them days we were getting 1800-2000 fans every week...Now we double that, play well add another 2000 onto that.... Totally different game now though.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Francks left peg on August 02, 2023, 11:02:28 AMThey looked really good against Redcar the other week.

You twat.....

I got it......

:alf:  :alf:  :bigjack