Love retro

Started by erimus74, July 31, 2023, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Club badges back in the 60's, 70's were class, had character, not like todays, no identity make money club badges/crests

Mike Peeler

Yes, it's crackers the way clubs have changed badge designs and the worst bit is many if not all are a lot worse, and that's a genuine fact and not a cant adapt to change attitude.

erimus74

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 31, 2023, 02:51:25 PMYes, it's crackers the way clubs have changed badge designs and the worst bit is many if not all are a lot worse, and that's a genuine fact and not a cant adapt to change attitude.
Spot on, including ours

Francks left peg

In the vast majority of cases the old badges are much better. I heard the reason most were simplified was for the ease of printing on kits etc. Dunno how true that is.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Francks left peg on July 31, 2023, 05:01:59 PMIn the vast majority of cases the old badges are much better. I heard the reason most were simplified was for the ease of printing on kits etc. Dunno how true that is.

Definately true. They're simplified purely for marketing purposes, with none worse than Fulham's.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE