WHY DO

Started by BoroRedKen, July 31, 2023, 07:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

We have so many 3 word things in the English language that can be shortened for ease?

DIY, MI5, FBI, CID, ALL THE INLAWS LIKE MIL, SIL, DIL, PPE, ETC.....Etc etc......

And the most important....

UTB.

Speech patterns?

El Tel might know.

Johnny Thunder

TeessideTopgun

TLA's

Three Letter Abbreviations  , The North Sea is littered with them, one or two on here will have experienced NRB 😂😂

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

YER   DAF  CUN

:rudi:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on July 31, 2023, 08:55:53 AMTLA's

Three Letter Abbreviations  , The North Sea is littered with them, one or two on here will have experienced NRB 😂😂

I NEVER GOT A NOT REQUIRED BACK 😁😁😁

BUT MY MATE DID ON HIS FIRST TRIP 🤣🤣🤣
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

BoroRedKen

These things just pop in my head sometimes.

I like to think.

It does me no good but i like it anyways.

:alf:

BoroRedKen

Always wondered what NRB meant in that game.

See? Always learning. If ya dont ask etc.......

BoroRedKen

You ever get 1 Smoggers?

As a kid i used to think Smoggers was a millionaire!!

BoroRedKen

Cos it wasnt his looks that got him married!!

Just kidding Bro!
We both batted out of our league kidda!!

BoroRedKen

I seem to remember loads of others older brothers/dads went on the rigs in the 80's. Was that the boomtime in that industry?

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 31, 2023, 09:14:13 AMI seem to remember loads of others older brothers/dads went on the rigs in the 80's. Was that the boomtime in that industry?

LATE 70'S AND 80'S WHEN THE MONEY WAS OK... NOW IT'S SHIT 👎👎👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

BoroRedKen

I think it went worldwide as well. I had 2 brothers both worked abroad. There must of been a lot Brits kicking around the O+G game at that time.

Smoggers51

Never got an NRB but got a DUW from a Chinook Crash landing !!!!

TeessideTopgun

I've had a great time offshore , managed to avoid the dreaded 3/3 but in the process of jacking it in now , time to sleep in my own bed every night

Smoggers51

You are right there TopGun I had a great time Offshore but I dont miss dragging them Stands from the Fingers especially in Winter and crazy Tool Pushers pushing for more and more yardage for bigger bonuses.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 31, 2023, 09:55:41 AMYou are right there TopGun I had a great time Offshore but I dont miss dragging them Stands from the Fingers especially in Winter and crazy Tool Pushers pushing for more and more yardage for bigger bonuses.

But where you a millionaire kidda or just a flash get is what i need to know!!

BoroRedKen

I can remember you coming home and always dropping mum "a few quid for herself"..

BoroRedKen

The Lyric Bingo got some stick when you were home and mum had cash!!

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 31, 2023, 07:44:42 AMWe have so many 3 word things in the English language that can be shortened for ease?

DIY, MI5, FBI, CID, ALL THE INLAWS LIKE MIL, SIL, DIL, PPE, ETC.....Etc etc......

And the most important....

UTB.

Speech patterns?

El Tel might know.

It's probably because people are inherently lazy and it is easier to use a 3 letter / number acronym than write, or type, the words in full.

John Trebor

OTR
DUI
STD

All linked. Probably.

Blott

The very odd time I use the company messaging system I always put UTB. I am a nobody, which suits me, but the amount of UTB's that are returned is unreal.