Boro v Millwall Matchday Thread Written By Erimus74

Started by erimus74, July 30, 2023, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on August 05, 2023, 05:29:23 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 05, 2023, 05:01:15 PMDONT KNOW WHY... CROOKS AND ROGERS UP FRONT FUCKING ATTROCIOUS 👎😡😡😡👎

AND MCNAIR AT THE BACK... FFS 🙄🙄🙄

AT LEAST WE HAVE FOUND A DECENT KEEPER 👍

GLAD I PUT SOME SHECKLES ON MILLWALL 👍💷💷💷👍

McNair at fault leading to the goal

Keeper was decent despite being a but nervous playing as a sweeper keeper

Rogers was OK, nowt too bad, nowt great either

What pissed me off is 5 or 6 short corners that produced nothing. If we have to play crooks cos akpom is injured put balls into the box cos all he has is height, he's got no pace, no dribbling, not much else. If akpom is not fit, why on the bench. If he is fit enough why not give him 10 mins???

Young aussie lad looked decent too

IT'S GONNA BE A LONG FUCKING SEASON...

ROGERS IS NOT A GOAL SCORER AND NEVER WILL BE 😔😔😔

BUT WE HAD A PROPER GOALSCORER IN COBURN SAT ON THE BENCH 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 05, 2023, 05:01:15 PMDONT KNOW WHY... CROOKS AND ROGERS UP FRONT FUCKING ATTROCIOUS 👎😡😡😡👎

AND MCNAIR AT THE BACK... FFS 🙄🙄🙄

AT LEAST WE HAVE FOUND A DECENT KEEPER 👍

GLAD I PUT SOME SHECKLES ON MILLWALL 👍💷💷💷👍

Agree apart from Rogers - thought he battled quite well especially when he dropped a bit deeper

The other two should be binned off and you can add Barlaser into that as well

Rotherham had our fucking eyes out when we paid for those two slow cunts

Daft bloody Dana Malt said keep the team for Huddersfield - that's the last thing MC should do - he needs to experiment. Keeping the same will only confirm how shite they are.

Yeah Coulson was shite as well

Blott

I thought Coulson was ok. But that wasn't difficult today.

I thought Crooke should have done better with his chance.

erimus74

Thought we got off lightly TBH, Millwall could really have won that game comfortably, they had a good few chances in both halves

Both full backs were awful, Coulson looks the shadow of the player we seen when here a few years back, the least said about McNair in that role the better, he gave the ball away inside the 1st 2 minutes & dropped a massive clanger leading up to their goal & what does Barlaser brings to the team, for me, he was our worst player, Deing looked ok for me, comfortable with the ball & made a cracking save when their man was through one on one, he certainly couldnt do anything with their goal

As has been mentioned Rodgers is not a makeshift forward, but to play him upfront then Coburn & Akpom must have only made the bench to give everyone a lift, Carrick more or less said Howson was ahead fitness wise of both Coburn & Akpom to enable him to get minutes on the pitch & dear me, unfit with no pre season matches he was still head & shoulders above the bloke he replaced
McGree had his moments on the ball with no affect, but more often than not just ran down a blind alley, hopefully we dont see Crooks & Rogers together again, Carrick has Rogers for another role in the team, but not as a forward, Crooks should be a striker you bring on & when we have the numbers in at the end of the month, that will be his role, where Rogers fits in I have no idea

Hackney played well but tired midway through the 2nd, Fry & Lenihan were our better players

Sometimes Forss looks a decent player then like hes never seen a foktball before

Silvera played very well when coming on & had a great effortbon goal

Our winless start of the season goes on now, 9 years & counting, but TBH, if we played another month we wouldnt have scored

Next tuesday night v Huddersfield play Forss at CF, give Rogers a game in the middle, or outwide with holefully Coburn fit enough to start

We desperatly need at least 3 more signings, who must start games

erimus74

We have to overcone the Neil Warnock if we dont want to suffer 2 defeats on the bounce & go out the cup

Bud Wiser

I think the unerring Michael Carrick has to take his for share for this disjointed flop, with what looked like some kind of bizzare 2-2-6-0 formation to me. So I'll give all on-pitch participants a bit of grace on this occasion - with the exception of the totally hapless Barlaser. After all, he for one was playing in his natural position.

SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

teamboro

Agree Erimus couldn't have put it better
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Sir Digby

made his saves when called upon, not much he could have done about the goal. But fook me he doesn't half come out his box, my nerves were jangling thinking all it's gonna take is a long dink. Constantly looks like he's running back to the goal

erimus74

Quote from: Sir Digby on August 05, 2023, 07:29:30 PMmade his saves when called upon, not much he could have done about the goal. But fook me he doesn't half come out his box, my nerves were jangling thinking all it's gonna take is a long dink. Constantly looks like he's running back to the goal

Playing as a CH midway through the 1st half 😊

rutters

Looks to me like Carrick has invented an entirely new way of playing football, it's called 'Passing For The Sake Of It'.

Tiki-Taka is great when it has penetration or is at least threatening. Millwall just had to keep shape...Job Done.

Barlaser tries the '5-a-side' stuff but it's just not his game because he's too willing to offload and we lose possession. It was also a bit worrying when Duncan (one-leg) Watmore left him for dust in the 1st half.
Barlaser's more of a quarterback who needs a bit of time to play telling passes... and a lot of movement in front of him.

Rogers is playing the wrong role too. He needs balls to run on to. He can't twist, turn, hold-off and make space for snapshots like Archer can.

We had no width because what was the point of width? Any cross was gobbled up by the twin giants or sailed over everyone. And with no Chubaesque late arrival, no pull-back variation.

For me it's either get players to fit that system or change system. Jones can stretch out one side and we can block up the other like last year. We can tiki-taka it out to him or otherwise try going through the middle as an alternative.

Whatever happens that Archer replacement it the most pressing issue.

Francks left peg

Sounds like a perfect addition for Carrick. According to QPR fans tho, he's not much better at shot stopping than Lumley was. However, for Arsenal to be sniffing around, he must have something. Hopefully he cracks on and becomes the next Schwarzer/Randolf/Steffan

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HE SEEMS A GOOD KEEPER 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Redsteel (Moderator)

I was expecting an avalanche of not good enough when I came back on here.

We weren't at the races today, the game against Auxxere was a marker of what to expect. Mcnair isn't a right back, we lacked in the middle, and up top, fuck me was abysmal. Also, this short corner shit that never once played out, yet they stuck with it, had you tearing your hair out. I noticed at the end, even Lenihan, screamed to them to knock it into the box. All too late.

If this isn't a warning to the club to get recognised players in I don't know what is. Three points pissed away at home, simply isn't good enough. The 1 nil defeat could have been 4 easily.

teamboro

McNair not his position got cought out,coulson not the answer

Jones should have been on from the start, Forss should be upfront,Coburn should be also upfront we seem to be starting this season like we finished last season flat
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

tunstall

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 05, 2023, 08:29:06 PMI was expecting an avalanche of not good enough when I came back on here.

We weren't at the races today, the game against Auxxere was a marker of what to expect. Mcnair isn't a right back, we lacked in the middle, and up top, fuck me was abysmal. Also, this short corner shit that never once played out, yet they stuck with it, had you tearing your hair out. I noticed at the end, even Lenihan, screamed to them to knock it into the box. All too late.

If this isn't a warning to the club to get recognised players in I don't know what is. Three points pissed away at home, simply isn't good enough. The 1 nil defeat could have been 4 easily.

Boo boy

erimus74

Quote from: Francks left peg on August 05, 2023, 07:48:32 PMSounds like a perfect addition for Carrick. According to QPR fans tho, he's not much better at shot stopping than Lumley was. However, for Arsenal to be sniffing around, he must have something. Hopefully he cracks on and becomes the next Schwarzer/Randolf/Steffan

Couldnt fault him at all today, as mentioned, a cracking save when striker had a one on one with him, he looks comfortable on the ball, the players were confiedent to play it back to him who then released it

John Trebor

What an opportunity we wasted last season.
😕
But... Chuba back, Howson back, Teesside Harland fit and ready to score for fun.
Couple of full backs in and we're good to go.
I hope.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: John Trebor on August 05, 2023, 09:44:37 PMWhat an opportunity we wasted last season.
😕
But... Chuba back, Howson back, Teesside Harland fit and ready to score for fun.
Couple of full backs in and we're good to go.
I hope.

I was ridiculed for saying it would take us 3 to 4 years to recover from that missed opportunity last season

Doesn't look so far out now.

Hoping for some miracle signings now

BoroRedKen

It has to be said.

Do not complain about the atmos OTR!

You lot are behind the banning of EVERYTHING that creates an atmos.
Chanting, banter etc.

Dont blame the RF. Nobody dare make a new chant in case some fucker gets offended.

Yesterdays atmos is what you want.
Silence , no moving and clapping the oppo's "effort".

Careful what you demand.

Steboro

Fun and entertainment is slowly being diminished.  Just pay for your ticket sit on your hands and only clap shouting bravo when somebody scores, even if it's the opposing team.

Smoggers51

The atmosphere was poor in my opinion because of the trepidation of what was to come after seeing the team line up and lack of striking ability.The weather and the shambolic roll out of the digital cards didn't help the atmosphere as well. When the Boro did try to attack I thought the atmosphere improved a little.I just think everyone was still carrying the playoff hangover onto this game and lack of pushing forward didn't exactly give us much to shout about.Give it a few more games before we start bemoaning the lack of atmosphere.

Mike Peeler

Its common in most grounds now a shit/poor atmosphere - the wokies have killed it to some degree but its just the way its is in football now - no new songs and very few catch on apart from in the singing section of clubs.

Our away days are noisy and well played out in comparison to some. Take Millwall's songs sheet for example with the No one likes us a song they have pretty much naff all to sing home or away.

When a song does take off at Boro, the likes of OTR moan anyway and say it is on repeat all of the time. And then moan when the atmosphere is poor. The miserable moaning old bastards they are. You would think that MSF group's sole objective, along with other things every year is to raise the song list and atmosphere of the crowd, not just pat themselves on the back at the raising of a flag. I say that in the correct manner and not having a dig at the rainbow gang before anyone comments i am

Blott

I am past it, even early on at the Riverside you could give players a bit of stick. Now as described above, sit on your hands and shut up.

Well done to the kids in the South Stand.

BoroRedKen