JAMES MARTIN CHEF

Started by BoroRedKen, July 28, 2023, 06:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Now getting cancelled because he was rude to production staff etc.

As a trained chef when i was a commis the chef that trained me would be in jail for life now.
He was a twat. But he was a phenomenal chef.
Every head chef i ever worked for was a twat in the kitchen.
Just look at Ramsey et al.

Passion and drive. Thats the chefs i know.

Except Razor who just runs pubs into the ground!!

(That comment to Razor, the bullying of Erimus and the Carmen stuff will stay with me for a long time the cowardly cunts).

TommyDickfingers

I was reading about this. I think he comes across like he'd eat himself if he was chocolate, however we're now in a situation where people who are basically creating jobs for others, can't even have an off day.

One of my first managers called me in on a Monday morning as he'd spotted I'd had a no2 buzz cut over the weekend, at the time I was a young Rep working on the road, the conversation went something like this -

Him - Get in my f***ing office now..........what the f*** is that
Me - It's a haircut Boss
Him - Don't get f***ing clever with me.......what's your job title ?
Me - What do you mean ?
Him - FFS tell me your job title
Me - Rep ?
Him - And what the f*** is Rep short for ?
Me - Representative
Him - Exactly........Do you think I want my company represented by someone with hair that short..........Do I f***, now f***ing grow it and grow it f***ing quick !!

Looking back that Manager was a massive influence in moulding how I approached my line of work and I have climbed reasonably high up the ladder, higher than he was then..........I look back on it with he had a job to do and he wanted me to do the job a certain way and used his experience to helkp me.

Imagine trying to have that conversation with the younger generations these days.

That's not me condoning any verbal or physical abuse of staff, but lets stop hanging someone everytime they lose their rag and have a bit of a shout at staff.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 28, 2023, 08:00:35 AMI was reading about this. I think he comes across like he'd eat himself if he was chocolate, however we're now in a situation where people who are basically creating jobs for others, can't even have an off day.

One of my first managers called me in on a Monday morning as he'd spotted I'd had a no2 buzz cut over the weekend, at the time I was a young Rep working on the road, the conversation went something like this -

Me - It's a haircut Boss
Me - What do you mean ?
Me - Rep ?
Me - Representative
Him - Exactly........Do you think I want my company represented by someone with hair that short..........Do I f***, now f***ing grow it and grow it f***ing quick !!

Looking back that Manager was a massive influence in moulding how I approached my line of work and I have climbed reasonably high up the ladder, higher than he was then..........I look back on it with he had a job to do and he wanted me to do the job a certain way and used his experience to helkp me.

Imagine trying to have that conversation with the younger generations these days.

That's not me condoning any verbal or physical abuse of staff, but lets stop hanging someone everytime they lose their rag and have a bit of a shout at staff.

I did laugh at that, I've seen reps come and go where I work - they often turn up on-site and have

done over the years. I was never top of the tree or had any buying power but did sit in on meetings
with reps. They were all suited and booted phones laptops, briefcases the lot - some decent lads amongst them and they still are some of them, but these days half mast duds, tight open-top shirts, roid muscles, spray tans, and a shed load of tatts. It's like something off love island when they come in. (im old now)

Still some clever lads amongst them but fuck me my old gaffer would turn in his grave with what sometimes walks through today's office/site door.

ps - each to their own I suppose (tatts i don't mind) - but don't get me started on 'hand and neck tatts'

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 28, 2023, 08:15:33 AM
Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 28, 2023, 08:00:35 AMI was reading about this. I think he comes across like he'd eat himself if he was chocolate, however we're now in a situation where people who are basically creating jobs for others, can't even have an off day.

Me - It's a haircut Boss
Me - What do you mean ?
Me - Rep ?
Me - Representative

I did laugh at that, I've seen reps come and go where I work - they often turn up on-site and have

done over the years. I was never top of the tree or had any buying power but did sit in on meetings
with reps. They were all suited and booted phones laptops, briefcases the lot - some decent lads amongst them and they still are some of them, but these days half mast duds, tight open-top shirts, roid muscles, spray tans, and a shed load of tatts. It's like something off love island when they come in. (im old now)

Still some clever lads amongst them but fuck me my old gaffer would turn in his grave with what sometimes walks through today's office/site door.

ps - each to their own I suppose (tatts i don't mind) - but don't get me started on 'hand and neck tatts'

In our game if you walked in looking like you'd been on Love Island you'd not get far. I work in a very conservative and traditional industry that values service levels and experience over someone looking like an Oopah-Loompah on steroids thinking they're selling you a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta.

RaZor Ramon

Kenny will back me up on this but 99% of the stuff that is said in back in of house would have you hauled in front of HR in any other working environment.

Northallerton_Boro

Going to be a bit of trend nowadays trying to out these TV personalities for a few pages in The Scum and a few quid in their back pocket.

fukyu

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 28, 2023, 06:44:51 AMNow getting cancelled because he was rude to production staff etc.

As a trained chef when i was a commis the chef that trained me would be in jail for life now.

(That comment to Razor, the bullying of Erimus and the Carmen stuff will stay with me for a long time the cowardly cunts).
He was making a programme not running a restaurant,it's cooking not fucking engineering if you burn the eggs chuck a couple more in FFS,they are not artists  they are cooks the bad tempered cunts.

RiversideRifle

Quote from: fukyu on July 28, 2023, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 28, 2023, 06:44:51 AMNow getting cancelled because he was rude to production staff etc.

He was making a programme not running a restaurant,it's cooking not fucking engineering if you burn the eggs chuck a couple more in FFS,they are not artists  they are cooks the bad tempered cunts.

:rudi:

Just hire a few Coulby is a cunts to do it for yer  :rudi:
UTB

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: fukyu on July 28, 2023, 11:37:24 AMHe was making a programme not running a restaurant,it's cooking not fucking engineering if you burn the eggs chuck a couple more in FFS,they are not artists  they are cooks the bad tempered cunts.

Where the fuck have you been ye cunt?

fukyu

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 28, 2023, 11:50:59 AM
Quote from: fukyu on July 28, 2023, 11:37:24 AMHe was making a programme not running a restaurant,it's cooking not fucking engineering if you burn the eggs chuck a couple more in FFS,they are not artists  they are cooks the bad tempered cunts.

Where the fuck have you been ye cunt?

Graft,you want to try it you lazy cunt, :bullshit:
Can't get a good signal on days and the board was shit anyway. :morgan:

Johnny Thunder

Wrong. It was good cos you had fucked off.

:leo:

fukyu

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 28, 2023, 12:48:17 PMWrong. It was good cos you had fucked off.

:leo:
It's Fucking shit when I'm not posting, :cloughy:

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

Me - It's a haircut Boss
Me - What do you mean ?
Me - Rep ?
Me - Representative

😁