Off to Whitby

Started by TeessideTopgun, July 27, 2023, 08:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 27, 2023, 10:26:57 PMWhen I was first going out with my wife we used to visit Whitby for the Motown and Northern Soul nights in the 70's.In the 80's up to her dying we used to go every year for the Northern Soul Allnighters at The George.Great memories of Whitby.

Carmen was the same kidda. She loved Whitby. The last taken photo of her we used for her service and it was when Tim and Dorothy took her Whitby.

The last time she went anywhere before she got too ill.
Boy i miss that girl so much its killing me.
 :unbelievable:

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 27, 2023, 10:26:57 PMWhen I was first going out with my wife we used to visit Whitby for the Motown and Northern Soul nights in the 70's.In the 80's up to her dying we used to go every year for the Northern Soul Allnighters at The George.Great memories of Whitby.

The Northern Soul Weekend was a couple of weeks ago..

Francks left peg

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 28, 2023, 05:44:07 AM

Carmen was the same kidda. She loved Whitby. The last taken photo of her we used for her service and it was when Tim and Dorothy took her Whitby.

Sorry to hear that,Kenny. Hopefully you have loads of memories of you and Carmen at Whitby and they give you comfort of what an amazing life you loved as a couple. Stay strong mate.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Francks left peg on July 28, 2023, 08:55:18 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 28, 2023, 05:44:07 AM

Sorry to hear that,Kenny. Hopefully you have loads of memories of you and Carmen at Whitby and they give you comfort of what an amazing life you loved as a couple. Stay strong mate.
Thanks Franck.

I know its a cliche but anyone that knew me and Carmen knew after 21 years we were not just a couple we were best friends. We still made each other laugh after all them years.

I did not realise how much of hole in my heart and life Carmen going would leave.
Sometimes i still feel im being punished for something.

But i either sink or swim. At the moment im doggy paddling.

Knowing people can think of me and drop me a line to see if im ok blows my mind still so thank you for your words Franck. 
 :bigjack