Off to Whitby

Started by TeessideTopgun, July 27, 2023, 08:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeessideTopgun

Just for the day , driving later so no getting pished . NOT gonna ask where the best fish & chips are 😂😂 cos I already know 😂

However do you think Im gonna get wet or will the rain stop ??

Mike Peeler

I don't think you will see any sun - if it stays fresh take it as a result - looking outside here In Boro, my advice would be to take your brolly and if you don't get to use it - Result!

BoroRedKen

I dont get the Whitby fixation tbh.

Its a lovely place. Great views.

But once you have been etc.

Extortionate prices for fish and chips lately (15 bar in some places).

And the kids are off.

Maybe because its up the road from me that i dont feel the love for Whitby.

And if you have any mobility issues its a nightmare.

And the car parks cost more than actual cars.

And the worst thing?

ITS FULL OF LEEDS UTD SUPPORTERS!

BoroRedKen

Tongue in cheek boys.......

Northallerton_Boro

I agree, Lovely place but too busy nowadays. Much prefer going midweek during school term or late afternoon.

Mike Peeler

Yes, I agree with Ken, unless you are with kids yourself then expect it to be fairly packed with feral families now the kids are off. Not all are bad but you encounter enough due to the school holidays.

I actually don't mind it as a trip out for the day with our lass but I do avoid bank holidays and, school holidays for the above reasons

TeessideTopgun

Ooooops forgot the kids were off 😱

BoroRedKen

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on July 27, 2023, 08:58:02 AMOoooops forgot the kids were off 😱

I dont if you have kids mate etc but when they are off Whitby takes on a different vibe.

Getting over that bridge is murder.

TeessideTopgun

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 27, 2023, 09:00:34 AM
Quote from: TeessideTopgun on July 27, 2023, 08:58:02 AMOoooops forgot the kids were off 😱

I dont if you have kids mate etc but when they are off Whitby takes on a different vibe.

Im afraid its Grandkids now Ken 😱 sounds like we are in for quite an adventure

We Hate Leeds
We Hate Leeds
UTB

Redsteel (Moderator)

Going to Whitby when the cricket is on  :unbelievable:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 27, 2023, 09:00:34 AM

IT WON'T BE TODAY IT'S PISSING DOWN  :sid:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 27, 2023, 09:16:14 AMGoing to Whitby when the cricket is on  :unbelievable:

😂😂 Wot Lidds said ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Ravishing Rick Rude

The bridge has been closed to cars lately, so unsure whether it's also closed to pedestrians too. Not sure if it's for repairs or not.

Have a great day. Love Whitby me

ccole

When we go for the day, we now drink up towards Silver Street for a spell. A lot less people in the pubs. Nice chippy in the Lane that runs parallel behind Silver Street. Lees queues and cheaper.

BoroRedKen

Just ignore me Toppy, im mutating into a right miserable sod!

@ccole Having a beer round Whitby is a lot more fun than wandering around with bored kids.

:cheers:

"If i had known how much fun grandkids are i would of had them 1st!!"

:alf:

tunstall

Have a good day mate

Hopefully the rain will keep the crowds away

Some of the best trips I've had to Whitby have been when its raining

BoroRedKen

Its probably the greatest regret of my life not having contact with my 6 grandkids, Moreso Jamie.

A daft argument years ago with 2 of my sons. They were only trying to topple the alpha male and i got that.
But things get said and people get new husbands who are basically little gobshites etc and before you know it its 15/20 years later.

BoroRedKen

For clarity Jamie is disabled (from birth) and i have seen him develop (through photos) into a gorgeous courageous kid.
All i want to do is hug him and tell granddad will be there.

But like i said i brought my lads up to defend and look after themselves and their family.

So i cant blame them totally.

BoroRedKen

So basically im full of shite about Whitby!

I would give my right bollock to be dragged around there by any of the grandkids!

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Middle of winter is the best time for Whitby

Awesome waves along where the huts go

Mike Peeler

It's not right you are starved/denied time with your grandkids providing people are of sound mind family squabbles should be put to one side when it involves the best interests of kids. Even when couples split it's kids that become used as weapons of hurt.

I hope you and yours can repair things it's never too late and it's also not my business to know what's gone on, it's family and closed-door stuff. So no explanation is needed for me. The kids are missing out, whatever the beef is when families fall out.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 27, 2023, 10:21:54 AMIt's not right you are starved/denied time with your grandkids providing people are of sound mind family squabbles should be put to one side when it involves the best interests of kids. Even when couples split it's kids that become used as weapons of hurt.

I hope you and yours can repair things it's never too late and it's also not my business to know what's gone on, it's family and closed-door stuff. So no explanation is needed for me. The kids are missing out, whatever the beef is when families fall out.

Always try to be open i do. A daft argument that just never stopped on their part.

"Never a dad". "Done nothing for them". The usual stuff tbh. Somebody has the wrong memories.

My family still have contact with them through various means (You all know 1 of my brothers is a member so if im telling porkies you will all soon know) but thats their business not mine.

Had no contact (except on here with my bro) from any family members when and since Carmen passed, not even a social media message, so i reached a point where its too hard to repair where my kids are concerned.

I get angry when i think of some things regarding Carmen and my kids. 21 years i was with her. She was with them all that time. Put them up in her house more times than i care to remember.
Her mum paid for the eldest's driving lessons and test etc.
I have fought groups of lads in the street because of my middle 1's lip and false bravado.

Money. I lost count!
Even when Carmen caught 1 of them cheating on his GF in her house she never said a dickie bird.

Yet not 1 wished her anything when she died.
1 said i was conning the council 'cos he saw me in the council offices in Guissy.

I was handing in the keys to the council for Carmens mums bungalow because she had just died.

So even from that snapshot you can clearly see that somethings are beyond repair.

Sleeping dogs lie and all that.

BoroRedKen

There is something that is "weird". Is it DNA? Learnt?

My eldest now has a shop.

My middle 1 is a chef.

Had a shop.

Trained and was a fully qualified Chef.

The youngest loves a bit of chew. You all know me!

I find it interesting that they claim to be nothing like me but.....

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 27, 2023, 10:41:22 AM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 27, 2023, 10:21:54 AMIt's not right you are starved/denied time with your grandkids providing people are of sound mind family squabbles should be put to one side when it involves the best interests of kids. Even when couples split it's kids that become used as weapons of hurt.

Always try to be open i do. A daft argument that just never stopped on their part.

"Never a dad". "Done nothing for them". The usual stuff tbh. Somebody has the wrong memories.

My family still have contact with them through various means (You all know 1 of my brothers is a member so if im telling porkies you will all soon know) but thats their business not mine.

Had no contact (except on here with my bro) from any family members when and since Carmen passed, not even a social media message, so i reached a point where its too hard to repair where my kids are concerned.

I get angry when i think of some things regarding Carmen and my kids. 21 years i was with her. She was with them all that time. Put them up in her house more times than i care to remember.
Her mum paid for the eldest's driving lessons and test etc.
I have fought groups of lads in the street because of my middle 1's lip and false bravado.

Money. I lost count!
Even when Carmen caught 1 of them cheating on his GF in her house she never said a dickie bird.

Yet not 1 wished her anything when she died.
1 said i was conning the council 'cos he saw me in the council offices in Guissy.

I was handing in the keys to the council for Carmens mums bungalow because she had just died.

So even from that snapshot you can clearly see that somethings are beyond repair.

Sleeping dogs lie and all that.

Just keep chipping away, you never know. Maybe your own kids whatever age might be out of reach but it doesn't mean the grandkids have to miss out on a grandfather. I'm far from 'itk' but can you not go down a legal route to see them for a day or whatever. It's not ideal for all the legal stuff on family matters but I'm sure grandparents have rights in this day and age. After all and I say this as an example so don't be offended if all others died (family members) overnight you would step forward to take on the grandkids.

I know I would regardless.

Sir Digby

We took little madam for weekend not so long ago and we really enjoyed it. Pissing down travelling over, then it disappeared and ended up freakishly hot and got sunburn. Stayed in an old fashioned b and b up on the cliffs, the breakfasts were great.
Little one couldn't really remember when we took her before, so done the whole counting the steps thing, amusements (I was weighed down with 2ps, she loves them machines), walking along the pier, taking her to that little toy shop over the bridge with her pocket money.
Great place when everything clicks.