Could anyone help?

Started by Sir Digby, July 23, 2023, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Digby

Looking for a high resolution image of the old badge like on here

Found this one, but it's a bit off.

Could have sworn I had one saved somewhere. If anyone has one saved away on file it would be appreciated 👍

BoroRedKen

Sir Digby

Thanks Ken, I like that one, but I'm being a bit of a fussy bugger and looking for the one in the first image like you used to get on the old programmes.
Can't seem to find the original anywhere

tunstall

erimus74

Quote from: Sir Digby on July 23, 2023, 03:00:29 PMLooking for a high resolution image of the old badge like on here

Could have sworn I had one saved somewhere. If anyone has one saved away on file it would be appreciated 👍

Wont get home till 7 but tomorrow I will look through my collection, how would I get a high resolution sent you, or posted on here

Love the erimus badge too, my favourite

Sir Digby

Quote from: erimus74 on July 23, 2023, 04:14:05 PM
Quote from: Sir Digby on July 23, 2023, 03:00:29 PMLooking for a high resolution image of the old badge like on here

Wont get home till 7 but tomorrow I will look through my collection, how would I get a high resolution sent you, or posted on here

Thanks Erimus, anyway way would do, replied in this thread or sent, I don't mind.
Would have thought a simple Google would have done it but, can't seem to find it anywhere

Francks left peg

Old badge is so much better than what we have now. Even the old 1986 badge wasn't as good as the oldest for me

Nosmo-King

Agree re the badge. Far more classier the old one. Current one looks what it is - very amateurish

Francks left peg

Didn't realise that the ships were different on the old badges tho. I'm assuming the one behind Dael Fry is the correct old badge.

Francks left peg

Quote from: erimus74 on July 23, 2023, 04:14:05 PM

Erimus, out of those badges, which is the correct one? Are they both correct as we had different ships on both of them. Or did we use both badges at one time. Lion is also different on them

Sir Digby

Quote from: Francks left peg on July 23, 2023, 08:10:11 PMDidn't realise that the ships were different on the old badges tho. I'm assuming the one behind Dael Fry is the correct old badge.

I thought the top one is correct, the one on the flag. I'm sure Erimus will be able to tell us though.
From old pin badges I used to have and the cover of the old red and grey programmes I seem to recall it being the top one as well.

Francks left peg

Think I prefer the ships on the unofficial one but the rest of badge on the official one. Bring it back!

erimus74

Prefer the 3 ships too, classic badge

Bud Wiser

Good to see the club using our best ever club badge as a backdrop for that shit away kit unveiling.

We're due a change after 16 years of the scrolled shield effort so hopefully something more traditional is in the offing, although I think we'll have to wait until our 150th anniversary (in 2026) for that.

I'm sure Mr Bausor is more than well aware the marketing value that a badge/crest change can bring too - just as long as it isn't emblazoned with numbers 1986!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

BoroRedKen

Diggers i did not notice the ships were different. I think the 1 put up is like a tidied up version of the original badge because there are supposedly hardly any HD copies. (Due to licensing rules).

It is a quandary because i struggled to find that 1.

BoroRedKen

Budwieser has the old badge as his avatar.

Buddly where did you find yours?

erimus74

Let me know if these are ok, taken off a couple of rosettes & A3 fixture cards

Sir Digby

Fantastic Erimus, thank you so much for your help. Really appreciated

erimus74

Cheers, please let me know if theyre high enough resolution, if not we can work out how to improve it

Sir Digby

Quote from: erimus74 on July 24, 2023, 04:36:54 PMCheers, please let me know if theyre high enough resolution, if not we can work out how to improve it

They are great Erimus, thank you 👍👍👍

BoroRedKen

Boom.

Another successful RR quest!

Erimus cementing his position as The Boro Man!!

:bigjack   

erimus74

Quote from: Sir Digby on July 24, 2023, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on July 24, 2023, 04:36:54 PMCheers, please let me know if theyre high enough resolution, if not we can work out how to improve it

They are great Erimus, thank you 👍👍👍

Happy to help out with such an awesome badge, our best ever IMHO mind

TMG501

I got this for my 16th birthday. It is an  actual birthday card
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Looks great - considering its age!

:supremeleader:

erimus74

Quote from: TMG501 on July 24, 2023, 06:18:30 PM

I got this for my 16th birthday. It is an  actual birthday card

Brilliant 👍