Had a lovely personal thing this am.

Started by BoroRedKen, July 21, 2023, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Oohh errr mrs!!

No. Had to attend JCUH for the 1st time since Carmens passing today.

Bumped into 1 of the nurses who looked after Carmen and listening to her about how she liked Carmen and brightened her days up with her forthright opinions and the non taking of crap off anybody!
The staff in the Cardio department all expressed their sadness and condolences at the passing of a lady they all liked and wanted to help.

Carmen only said what she had to. Not like waffle head me. But too hear that she touched the staffs lives they way she did made me feel so proud of her. x

Nosmo-King

Always great to hear how liked/ popular your nearest and dearest were. Gives a real sense of pride

I recall when my good lady died. I got in a taxi and the driver recognised the name and address. Told me he regularly picked up a lovely lady from the address and asked after her. I told him she had unfortunately passed away - he burst into tears. I must admit his reaction took me totally by surprise - but then made me realise what a beautiful and popular lady she was.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Nosmo-King on July 21, 2023, 04:43:55 PMAlways great to hear how liked/ popular your nearest and dearest were. Gives a real sense of pride

I recall when my good lady died. I got in a taxi and the driver recognised the name and address. Told me he regularly picked up a lovely lady from the address and asked after her. I told him she had unfortunately passed away - he burst into tears. I must admit his reaction took me totally by surprise - but then made me realise what a beautiful and popular lady she was.

Beautiful tale Nosmo that i fully relate to lately. I am having a rough few days emotions wise but today gave me a real lift because it seemed so genuine.

I want to be able to speak about Carmen like you and few others do about your partners. I also know it takes time.

But i do find inspiration in these stories so please continue with them for my sake.

There are some beautiful people inhabiting upstairs.

:cheers:  :bigjack

Nosmo-King

Ken, thank you. The incident took me totally by surprise. Another tale, at her funeral people lined up to offer their condolences. One guy I didn't know. He told me when his wife was seriously Ill -and subsequently died, my wife showed him so much sympathy and was there to listen to him.

He felt compelled to come to the funeral to pay his respects. It really got to me - but equally I was bursting with pride.

BoroRedKen

Even i like your late wife Nosmo now!

That little chat she had with that fella obs touched him and meant so much to him.

She sounds like a wonderful person Nosmo who people respected and admired.

Bravo to her mate.

:bigjack  :bigjack

Nosmo-King

Thanks, she was special - too good for me!!!

BoroRedKen

Can i ask how you met your current wife? (I apologise if i have you mixed up with someone else).
Were you looking? Did you know the time was right to accept someone "new" into your life?

You do not have answer if you feel the questions are too personal.

I suppose im seeking some kind of affirmation that the rest of my life does not have to be alone.
Im not coping too well with the loneliness at home. Just the company aspect. Someone to talk with about personal stuff.

I hope im making some sense because lately some things just seem so alien to me.

Steboro

My mate just got out of the hospital today after 2nhalf months. 

Had his heart transplant less than 2 weeks ago and the difference is remarkable from when I saw him the day before he had it.

The Dr's and nurses I saw him with In the cardiac ICU were absolutely amazing and a total blessing to this planet.

Far from the grumpy old matrons we were used to in the 80s.

Nosmo-King

Ken yes I can tell you. I met her through a friend of hers, the friend I met once but was going through a messy divorce at the time and realised romance wasn't right at the time.

So went on a date with my now wife. She had lost her husband and wanted friendship. This escalated into something deeper and we then decided we were right for each other.

So again I was lucky. Tried dating sites and wasn't that enamoured with them. Most of the ladies had baggage of one description or another - as I am sure I had.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Steboro on July 22, 2023, 04:29:39 AMMy mate just got out of the hospital today after 2nhalf months. 

Had his heart transplant less than 2 weeks ago and the difference is remarkable from when I saw him the day before he had it.

The Dr's and nurses I saw him with In the cardiac ICU were absolutely amazing and a total blessing to this planet.

Far from the grumpy old matrons we were used to in the 80s.

Best of luck to him Ste  :bigjack

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Nosmo-King on July 22, 2023, 09:44:57 AMKen yes I can tell you. I met her through a friend of hers, the friend I met once but was going through a messy divorce at the time and realised romance wasn't right at the time.

So went on a date with my now wife. She had lost her husband and wanted friendship. This escalated into something deeper and we then decided we were right for each other.

So again I was lucky. Tried dating sites and wasn't that enamoured with them. Most of the ladies had baggage of one description or another - as I am sure I had.

Thanks for that reply Nosmo.

To quote a big 70's song "dont push it dont force it let it happen naturally" would maybe a good mantra.