Trying to cut a long story short.

Started by Blott, July 20, 2023, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blott

My wife today went to HSBC back with my MiL (85yo) to transfer £5000 from her account to an other bank she has an account with.

They were told she couldn't do it. She had copies of her passport and bank statements from the other account.

They said she could do it via internet banking, as above she is mid 80's or organise a meeting to confirm her details.

WtF.

tunstall

Fucking wankers mate

I put a cheque in from the IRS of USA and they said it'll take at least six to seven weeks to clear

It's from the IRS, not some gadgie in Nigeria for fucks sake.....

fukyu

I transferred £20'000 into my mates account online,no questions asked. Put a £1 in to check his account,once he said it was in I transferred the large amount,took about ten minutes all in.

BoroRedKen

Does the M-I-L even look like a possible money launderer? Is she commercially viable? Do her political views align with HSBC's?

What a farce! Surely her previous banking history is all that needs checking.
It would nark me enough to change bank completely.

:unbelievable:

fukyu

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 20, 2023, 03:13:13 PMDoes the M-I-L even look like a possible money launderer? Is she commercially viable? Do her political views align with HSBC's?

What a farce! Surely her previous banking history is all that needs checking.
It would nark me enough to change bank completely.

:unbelievable:

When I gave a large cheque to the solicitors I had to provide two forms of ID because of money laundering rules,I could understand if it was cash but a cheque can be traced FFS!!.

Johnny Thunder

HSBC are fuckin rubbish now.

When I first opened my business account over twenty years ago, they couldn't do enough.

Now they won't fuckin do anything.

RiversideRifle

When I went on herrick 16 I didn't spend a penny for the whole 7 months I was there even the two week break in the middle I only spent a couple of hundred. Went to the bank to withdraw £22,000 for my extreme measures fund to stuff in a suitcase and RBS told me to fuck off  :rudi: ended up buying a new motor and going to Tenerife for 3 weeks  :leo:
UTB

Johnny Thunder