4th Test Ashes at Old Trafford

Started by Mike Peeler, July 17, 2023, 10:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsteel (Moderator)

Looks like we are going full attack mode now. I'd rather see us doing what we were doing then have a slog when we are level with them.

Mike Peeler

Ticking along nicely here, you just never know and I think we would do them here over five days, Can we maintain it though, and will the weather hold off is key now. Let's see where we are after a days play. Still got the big guns to come as well :leo3:

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 20, 2023, 03:09:32 PMTicking along nicely here, you just never know and I think we would do them here over five days, Can we maintain it though, and will the weather hold off is key now. Let's see where we are after a days play. Still got the big guns to come as well :leo3:

Weather is a huge factor, Saturday will be a write off going by the forecast. Once we are level they will go T20 mode and try get a ton to a ton fifty lead, and have a good go tomorrow.

TommyDickfingers

On holiday in Spain, following on TMS

Looks like we're looking at the weather forecast and trying to get ahead of them as fast as possible.

I fucking love bazball

tunstall

If they know the weather is closing in they should be able to have at least one day as a rest day, and hopefully by then we could have five days available and get a result

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: tunstall on July 20, 2023, 04:12:38 PMIf they know the weather is closing in they should be able to have at least one day as a rest day, and hopefully by then we could have five days available and get a result

You should e-mail them mate.

Mike Peeler

Without getting ahead of myself or jinxing us - we might do them with innings defeat and might not need to bat again if we knock a big score up here and skittle them out early. Or will he look to declare, you don't know now whats on the cards with 'bazball'

tunstall

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 20, 2023, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: tunstall on July 20, 2023, 04:12:38 PMIf they know the weather is closing in they should be able to have at least one day as a rest day, and hopefully by then we could have five days available and get a result

You should e-mail them mate.

Already have

They said "fuck off, daft cunt"

Mike Peeler

Starting to Motor along here this morning with the bat, could we about to hammer them into the ground with the bat here. It could be another brilliant day with the bast from England.

We've got the Aussies on the ropes here, and for the first time not let them back into things. It's in our hands now and the weather of course, that bit is a shame it it happens.

tunstall

Scoring might increase if they take the new ball...

F3 canine servicer

These single runs that Bairstow is instigating to keep strike.....Ozzies keep falling for it....haha

Redsteel (Moderator)

Another good day for England. Hope the weather isn't as bad as forecast

Blott

BoroRedKen

How many more games before the test becomes real?..........

Dont know about Bazball. Snoozeball more like.

TV sport at the moment is just too wonderous for words. Womens footy, Naffing golf or Snoozebalzzzzz................

Cant wait for the cricket to start tomorrow on TV.

So i  know what time to fuck off out!!

:wry:

tunstall

......that's quite rich coming from someone who watches horse racing.....

zzzzzzzzzzzz

BoroRedKen

Quote from: tunstall on July 22, 2023, 05:52:12 AM......that's quite rich coming from someone who watches horse racing.....

zzzzzzzzzzzz

It pays for here Tunny.

If Bairstow wants to chip in a few sheckles i sure i would love Cricket!

BoroRedKen

When we played at school (which tbh was very rarely) i made sure i was the kid at the boundary when we were bowling.

You could nash off to Burns Rd chippy and nobody knew you were gone.

BoroRedKen

Hey do you reckon you could open a chippy right out the back of a school now?

I really think it would be kyboshed straight away.

:ponder:

teamboro

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 22, 2023, 05:59:45 AMWhen we played at school (which tbh was very rarely) i made sure i was the kid at the boundary when we were bowling.

You could nash off to Burns Rd chippy and nobody knew you were gone.
Did you go to the swets or Stap ken if it was the Swets Appleby was my head of year
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

tunstall

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 22, 2023, 05:56:31 AM
Quote from: tunstall on July 22, 2023, 05:52:12 AM......that's quite rich coming from someone who watches horse racing.....

zzzzzzzzzzzz

It pays for here Tunny.

Which proves my point....horse racing would not exist if people couldn't gamble on it

It seems cruelty to animals is ok as long as people can have a flutter at the end of it all....

Mike Peeler

A wonderful batting innings yesterday from the under-pressure Bairstow. Let's hope that batting performance is not in vain and, we get enough play in this test to level the series.

We had joy we had fun

We have the Aussies on the run.

ENGLAND!

BoroRedKen

Quote from: tunstall on July 22, 2023, 08:15:28 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzz

It pays for here Tunny.

Which proves my point....horse racing would not exist if people couldn't gamble on it

It seems cruelty to animals is ok as long as people can have a flutter at the end of it all....

Not that old chestnut. People have been paralysed boxing. Footballers careers ended by injuries caused by another human. We promote shooting events at the Olympics. People die in their 1000's on our roads EVERYDAY.

But ride a horse over a jump. Its cruel.

You better not eat ANY meat....

BoroRedKen

Do you think ALL animals live in harmony and love in nature and all get on?

Do you think wild horses only every hang about on flat land where they can only walk and eat and never have obstacles to jump over?

Do you think Bambi was a love story?

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 22, 2023, 08:47:12 AM
Quote from: tunstall on July 22, 2023, 08:15:28 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzz

It pays for here Tunny.

Not that old chestnut. People have been paralysed boxing. Footballers careers ended by injuries caused by another human. We promote shooting events at the Olympics. People die in their 1000's on our roads EVERYDAY.

But ride a horse over a jump. Its cruel.

You better not eat ANY meat....

Can I ban him Ken?  :charles:

BoroRedKen

We are not talking about the horses that you see tied up in fields with mangy coats and twisted hoofs.

Do not see many anti horse racing "fans" walloping onto the pikeys do you?

Appleby Horse Fair is an abomination of horse ill treatment sometimes.

Never see AR there do you?...