Deli Ali

Started by Mike Peeler, July 13, 2023, 10:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

and his video with Gary Neville, I've not watched the full episode as yet but have listened to all the snippets on the news outlets. Some naughty stuff gone in his life. Hooked on pills and struggled with the highlife and obviously had a tough past.

Has probably bought himself another chance at football again by coming clean, whilst not having any 'real life' understanding of his problems I do think he couldn't help, but also enjoy the limelight highlife, and, the riches the sport brought to him.

This sound cruel, He somehow managed to block it all out to climb to the top. Somit will be interesting to see if he can tun back the clock.

Blott

It's a hmmmmmm from me.

Northallerton_Boro

I have watched it and feel for the lad. I think its hard to remember sometimes that these footballers are just normal lads with a gift to play the game, however, that does not give them a past for everything else life can throw at you.

He has had a rough time of it and like so many of us and i can include myself in this, we just put on a front and hope nobody notices but with him being in the spotlight and in front of 30k plus people every week, people did notice but sadly it was put down to a shit attitude, too much money and lost his passion for the game - the reality is clearly different.

I hope he can keep moving because he could still do a job with the right people around him.

erimus74

Just seen snippets on the news, listening to the poor lad, it sounded so tramatic, so sad, makes you think how he's got this far in life, obviously his inner strength & strong character have taken him so far, it also sounded as though drugs helped him too, poor lad

With opening up & councelling he can, hopefuly, try & put those awful demons aside & try to get on with his life, whether in football, some sporting capacity, or away from sport, he deserves that at least

Gingerpig

He was told what can happen off Jose in the prime prog.....Jose spotted it early doors