The Ashes.....The Ashes trophy, and the ladies Ashes

Started by F3 canine servicer, July 12, 2023, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F3 canine servicer

Was sitting watching the ladies Ashes a few moments ago, and a thought came into my head.  This is bizarre enough as my head is usually empty!

The mens Ashes Trophy is supposedly filled with the ashes of a burnt bail from a match in 1882..........

.........but the ladies Ashes (as far as I'm aware) is a very recent trophy, so, have they just burn't a meaningless set of bails in order to make a trophy?????

Or have they just plagiarised the Title of the men's tournament, making the ladies trophy a non entity?I

Redsteel (Moderator)

Women's cricket is shite along with women's football. Very poor standards compared to the men's game. I have no issues with them competing, but when they try to make it as popular and as important as the men's they can fuck right off!. They won't segregate it on sports pages online because mo one gives a fuck. The amount of times I've seen headlines to only realise its for the women's game pisses you right off. I'd put any under 15s team within England to beat any women's team in the world.

Mike Peeler

All birds sport is the 'rage' at the moment and is often funded from the FA etc. Once that coin runs out and if the lasses games are not self-funding in some ways. Then it will all drop off, thats my assumption it's viewed as a fashion at present and might take off but I doubt it.

Good on them I say but equal has to be equal one day if you are going to demand the same wages etc. They boast about filling stadiums every now and again which is a novelty really. Ask them to do it for 20 home games at the Riverside and then see how many turn up.

I do make a point of watching the England ladies if it's on the box and I've nowt else on, and I try to back/support local lasses on any tv sport.

I'm not a total caveman like some you  :morgan: 

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 12, 2023, 03:34:10 PMI do make a point of watching the England ladies if it's on the box

I like to watch the England ladies boxes.

:leo:

tunstall

They stuffed the Aussie splitties last night despite dropping more catches than the gadgies