Things You Just Don't Get

Started by TommyDickfingers, July 11, 2023, 02:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyDickfingers

Let's have a thread committed to the art of moaning about lifes things that everyone else seems to rave about.

I'll start.

Fucking pizza. After one slice it becomes boring as fuck, same tomatoey (sp) taste and the crusts are awful, like eating stale bread.

And as for people who order one in a restaurant ...........

:fuckoff:

erimus74

Corn on the cob, yak

Went to a family BBQ recently, there were 8 of us & I was the only one not eating the awful stuff

I couldnt put enough butter on one to try & make it taste lke something I would enjoy

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: erimus74 on July 11, 2023, 02:06:24 PMCorn on the cob, yak

Went to a family BBQ recently, there were 8 of us & I was the only one not eating the awful stuff

I couldnt put enough butter on one to try & make it taste lke something I would enjoy

I love corn on the cob, nice and hot with chilli butter melted over it ...........mmmm

Nosmo-King

Wimbledon- the constant fist clenching after every bleeding point won - players and their entourage! Gets on me tits!   

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on July 11, 2023, 02:15:10 PMWimbledon- the constant fist clenching after every bleeding point won - players and their entourage! Gets on me tits!   

Yea I noticed that yesterday

erimus74

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 11, 2023, 02:09:31 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on July 11, 2023, 02:06:24 PMCorn on the cob, yak

I love corn on the cob, nice and hot with chilli butter melted over it ...........mmmm

See another one who finds em nice, dont get it
 :bork:

Johnny Thunder

Sunbathing.

I fuckin hate sunbathing.

AtomicDog

We don't get Men & Motor's channel on this stupid new telly . . .

We've missed 'Dog's with extraordinary job's' for the last month . . .
Our mate Bob from up the road was meant to be on it last week too!
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

RiversideRifle

Politics for me. Why do people let a bunch of wankers they don't know wind them up so much or argue with each other about it.
UTB

Blott

Golf after the 4th hole.

Poolielad

Diving cheating footballers.... Its certainly puts me off watching top flight football now.

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Poolielad on July 11, 2023, 03:00:01 PMDiving cheating footballers.... Its certainly puts me off watching top flight football now.

Yer just saying that cos yer in the national league  :rudi2:  :rudi:
UTB

Mike Peeler

Sticking with the food theme from the opening post. Not the others rave about like.

Microwave boil in the bag rice and, tins of curry all passed off as an 'Indian Meal' Yes she tried on me when they first came out a while back. Absolutely rank when compared to the real thing at a curry house. Thankfully I asked her did you make that and she went red and said no it's boil in the bag and started giggling.

Never again I told her, I would rather she ordered a delivery and passed that off as a cooked meal.

I cringe every time I see them on the shelf when shopping at the supermarket, the curry I could have got off with but the microwave rice stuff needs banning.

Another thing that gets my goat is all this brunch and bottomless brunch the young uns go on about.. FFS you mean some food and drink. :rav:

Gingerpig

Wimmins football  stop pretending  to like it ...its shite

12 Yr old lad level makes you a wimmins pro

Mike Peeler

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 11, 2023, 02:01:02 PMLet's have a thread committed to the art of moaning about lifes things that everyone else seems to rave about.

I'll start.

Fucking pizza. After one slice it becomes boring as fuck, same tomatoey (sp) taste and the crusts are awful, like eating stale bread.

And as for people who order one in a restaurant ...........

:fuckoff:

I don't mind a pizza, homemade and delivered if I'm honest. I agree with you on one thing why go to a restaurant and ordering a pizza baffles me as well

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 11, 2023, 03:05:37 PMSticking with the food theme from the opening post. Not the others rave about like.

Microwave boil in the bag rice and, tins of curry all passed off as an 'Indian Meal' Yes she tried on me when they first came out a while back. Absolutely rank when compared to the real thing at a curry house. Thankfully I asked her did you make that and she went red and said no it's boil in the bag and started giggling.

Never again I told her, I would rather she ordered a delivery and passed that off as a cooked meal.

I cringe every time I see them on the shelf when shopping at the supermarket, the curry I could have got off with but the microwave rice stuff needs banning.

Another thing that gets my goat is all this brunch and bottomless brunch the young uns go on about.. FFS you mean some food and drink. :rav:

I think you'll find it's called Brinner up North

:diego:

Poolielad

Quote from: RiversideRifle on July 11, 2023, 03:03:10 PM
Quote from: Poolielad on July 11, 2023, 03:00:01 PMDiving cheating footballers.... Its certainly puts me off watching top flight football now.

Yer just saying that cos yer in the national league  :rudi2:  :rudi:
Low blow that squire..very low  :cloughy:  :cloughy:  :cloughy:

TommyDickfingers

Actually on the subject of Hartlepool and towns with lower league clubs.

I worked there for around 5 years or so about 20 years ago and couldn't get my head around stupid fuckers supporting teams that were 20-30 miles up the road.

If they had supported Hartlepool they could have been a Rotherham sized club with the chance of playing higher up the leagues.

Poolielad

Like you say, a
Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 11, 2023, 03:21:05 PMActually on the subject of Hartlepool and towns with lower league clubs.

I worked there for around 5 years or so about 20 years ago and couldn't get my head around stupid fuckers supporting teams that were 20-30 miles up the road.

If they had supported Hartlepool they could have been a Rotherham sized club with the chance of playing higher up the leagues.
Like you say always been the same...I am guilty of it myself, when I was 18 year old I was a season ticket holder at Newcastle!!! For my sins..

AtomicDog

Quote from: Poolielad on July 11, 2023, 03:58:25 PMLike you say, a
Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 11, 2023, 03:21:05 PMActually on the subject of Hartlepool and towns with lower league clubs.

Like you say always been the same...I am guilty of it myself, when I was 18 year old I was a season ticket holder at Newcastle!!! For my sins..
I work with a Hartlepool Lad that's a Boro season ticket holder, he's going Friday too, got a ticket

Johnny Thunder

I worked in Hartlepool for a year or so. A fair few of them were Poolie fans.

Good lads too.

Poolielad

Quote from: AtomicDog on July 11, 2023, 04:10:01 PM

I work with a Hartlepool Lad that's a Boro season ticket holder, he's going Friday too, got a ticket
Whats he called??

Poolielad

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 11, 2023, 04:42:27 PMI worked in Hartlepool for a year or so. A fair few of them were Poolie fans.

Good lads too.

In the 80s we where lucky to get 1800 fans in per home game, Now I would say we have a hardcore of just over 3.5k when we are doing shite... A few wins on the belt and that goes up to 4.5k, then we up near play-offs and pushing 5.5 to 6k... I dont think our support isn`t that bad considering the size of ur town and all the decent sized clubs around us..

AtomicDog

Quote from: Poolielad on July 11, 2023, 04:42:39 PM

Whats he called??
Don't really want to put his name on here.

Worked with a bloke before, plater from pools went to school with Janick Gers. He was a pools season ticket holder

Poolielad

Quote from: AtomicDog on July 11, 2023, 04:56:10 PM
Quote from: Poolielad on July 11, 2023, 04:42:39 PM

Whats he called??
Don't really want to put his name on here.

Worked with a bloke before, plater from pools went to school with Janick Gers. He was a pools season ticket holder
Fair enough mate...Not a lad called dean is it?