Mieka Smiles

Started by BoroRedKen, July 10, 2023, 06:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Getting some abuse on Twitter from the usual suspects.

So i have tweeted "our support" to her.

BoroRedKen

Anybody know a Gavin Campbell?

Mike Peeler

She is going to need some thick skin in that council chamber now the numbers have spun. It will make or break her when if Labour takes back over the country, Never mind locally.

Love her or hate her that Joan not sure of her second name is one to admire in some ways, always gets stuck in and lets nothing phase's her as a councilor or lady for that matter. She is like a dog with a bone when in battle

tunstall

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 10, 2023, 08:31:13 AMShe is going to need some thick skin in that council chamber now the numbers have spun. It will make or break her when if Labour takes back over the country, Never mind locally.

Love her or hate her that Joan not sure of her second name is one to admire in some ways, always gets stuck in and lets nothing phase's her as a councilor or lady for that matter. She is like a dog with a bone when in battle

Mrs Mctigue??...... Proper battleaxe that lady!.  :alf:

AtomicDog

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 10, 2023, 06:43:14 AMAnybody know a Gavin Campbell?
Useta know he's uncle Glen . . . 

. He was a lineman for the county

🐾
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

AtomicDog

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 10, 2023, 08:34:28 AM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 10, 2023, 08:31:13 AMShe is going to need some thick skin in that council chamber now the numbers have spun. It will make or break her when if Labour takes back over the country, Never mind locally.

Mrs Mctigue??...... Proper battleaxe that lady!.  :alf:
Mallon reported her for 'inappropriate behaviour' towards him. Sending him little notes and sonnets.  :pd:
The strumpet

Must be true cos it was in the gazette. :sid:

She must be lonely. . . .

:westy:

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

I see the lank haired Anna Turley is sticking her head up in the Redcar constituency again

You know the scruffy sort that went missing when she had to try and save a steel works instead of organising foodbanks in Redcar?

Found the limit of her capabilities but that hasn't stopped her

Blott

Labour are all ugly and  bad the Tories are all good.

I wonder where I have heard something similar.

Mike Peeler

Anyone out there including me and most folk on this site and elsewhere could get a vote in the next election. Not because we are anything special but the fact the Tories have made one mighty fuck up more on personal issues than running said country, they've made some mistakes in that area.

The labour lot will think they are the bee's knees when in fact the tories have committed political suicide. That's why I laugh at Esterside red's weekly polls, as if Labour is out stripping the opposition through their own hard work. Garbage! 

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Blott on July 10, 2023, 12:09:42 PMLabour are all ugly and  bad the Tories are all good.

I wonder where I have heard something similar.

...and you're a dafcun.

So what?

AtomicDog

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on July 10, 2023, 12:01:34 PMI see the lank haired Anna Turley is sticking her head up in the Redcar constituency again

You know the scruffy sort that went missing when she had to try and save a steel works instead of organising foodbanks in Redcar?

Found the limit of her capabilities but that hasn't stopped her

F***ing bang on there . . .
 :highfive:   :highfive: :highfive:
That's what I wanna read on here, reality . . . not some 3rd rate citizen Smith's Idea of idealism, like them FMTTM f***ers.

She ain't even from round ere, sorted their Lad a nice job at that Grangetown hub too, when MGT were recruiting from there.

I was over the moon when She never got re elected.

Well said Quntzy Lad

Massive 🐾's up from the Dog

Smoggers51

Would this be the same Anna Turley who was presented with SSI loans being called in who set up a task force to try to to fight the closure and then when the Banks finally pulled the plug managed to secure £50 million pounds to assist ex steel workers to retrain and try to find other types of employment.I seem to remember as well that the Conpeople party where in power as well and didn't exactly bust a gut to help us.

Blott

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 10, 2023, 01:57:22 PMWould this be the same Anna Turley who was presented with SSI loans being called in who set up a task force to try to to fight the closure and then when the Banks finally pulled the plug managed to secure £50 million pounds to assist ex steel workers to retrain and try to find other types of employment.I seem to remember as well that the Conpeople party where in power as well and didn't exactly bust a gut to help us.
shhhhhh

AtomicDog

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 10, 2023, 01:57:22 PMWould this be the same Anna Turley who was presented with SSI loans being called in who set up a task force to try to to fight the closure and then when the Banks finally pulled the plug managed to secure £50 million pounds to assist ex steel workers to retrain and try to find other types of employment.I seem to remember as well that the Conpeople party where in power as well and didn't exactly bust a gut to help us.

That's the difference on ere, . . .  people here live in the real world

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Whereas here is what actually happened:

This is the same Anna Turley who actually did fuck all when the steelworks were closed due to worldwide drop in prices and inability to find another buyer

The Conservative Government represented by Sahid Javid awarded £80 million pounds to assist ex steel workers to retrain and try to find other types of employment.

Anna Turley and 'Shy' Tom Blenkinsop tried to take credit but didnt fool anybody at the next election

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3257449/UK-government-unveils-80mln-package-support-Redcar-steel-workers.html

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on July 10, 2023, 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 10, 2023, 06:43:14 AMAnybody know a Gavin Campbell?
Useta know he's uncle Glen . . . 

. He was a lineman for the county

🐾
🐾

😁🤣 Thats class Atomic, really is

Johnny Thunder

Anna Turley was fuckin rubbish for this area. Just the same as Vera Baird.

I've said on here before, only two occasions when I haven't voted Labour.

Smoggers51

Ural, we will have to disagree on this matter . If you read the reports from other sources and not the Daily Mail the figure was £53 million worth of funding to provide a range of support schemes.

Poolielad

Pipe down jr member.....Don`t be bumping your gums on here kid.

Smoggers51

Ok so just like OTR we aren't allowed to debate different points of view then ?

erimus74

Thought this forum is refreshing that when a political thread has been posted replies have always been posted in an adult way, we shouldnt go down the knuckledraggers route

fukyu

Quote from: erimus74 on July 10, 2023, 07:00:48 PMThought this forum is refreshing that when a political thread has been posted replies have always been posted in an adult way, we shouldnt go down the knuckledraggers route
That's because I haven't joined in with my hateful uninformed opinions. :ray:

erimus74

Quote from: fukyu on July 10, 2023, 07:06:26 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on July 10, 2023, 07:00:48 PMThought this forum is refreshing that when a political thread has been posted replies have always been posted in an adult way, we shouldnt go down the knuckledraggers route
That's because I haven't joined in with my hateful uninformed opinions. :ray:
😉👍

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 10, 2023, 05:16:03 PMUral, we will have to disagree on this matter . If you read the reports from other sources and not the Daily Mail the figure was £53 million worth of funding to provide a range of support schemes.

As you can see my source is not the Daily Mail

But if you are so biased here's one you might like better

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/02/ssi-redcar-steel-workers-80m-lifeline

:bigjack