Piper Alpha.

Started by Johnny Thunder, July 06, 2023, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Thunder

Thirty five years ago today.

RIP.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

R.I.P.

A DISASTER CAUSED BY A MASSIVE MISUNDERSTANDING BY DAYSHIFT AND NIGHTSHIFT ON HANDOVER 😔😔😔

AND MORE LIVES COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED IF THE GREEDY OIL COMPANY OCCIDENTAL HAD STOPPED PUMPING OIL TO THE WELL FROM PIPER B.... THAT CEO OF THAT COMPANY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING JAILED... HE WAS TOLD TO SHUT DOWN THE WELLS BUT IT TOOK THE YANK CUNT 2 DAYS TO DO IT FINALLY 😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Blott

I know a bloke who was on it at the time, he lived near Dunfermline, he survived that then was in a helicopter that went down. He survived that too.

He died at 60 the year after he retired.

His wife is worth a few Bob.

AtomicDog

A Scouser who I work with quite often, his father died on it.

RIP to all those who perished
🐾
🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

RiversideRifle

Must have been awful for them. RIP
UTB

Smoggers51

I was on the Ben Loyal at the time and we were shocked to hear of Piper Alpha.One of my mates from Olefines survived that blaze.Geoff packed in offshore after that and my wife talked me into coming home.
RIP to those lads .

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

THEY WHERE ALL GIVEN THE WRONG INFO TOO.... 😔

TOLD TO STAY IN THE ACCOMMODATION AND WAIT FOR RESCUE WHICH WAS UTTER BOLLOX 😔 THOSE WHO DECIDES TO DO THEIR OWN THING MOST SURVIVED... JUMPING OFF THE HELIDECK... CLIMBING DOWN TO THE LOW SPIDER DECK 👍 THOSE WHO WAITED IN THE ACCOMMODATION PERISHED 😔

SINCE THE CULLEN REPORT RIGS HAVE CHANGED BIG STYLE.. STAINLESS STEEL BLAST WALLS ARE MANDITORY ON RIGS IN THE 90'S AND MANY THINGS HAVE CHANGED.... I FIRST WENT OFFSHORE IN 83 AND IF ID BEEN ON THE PIPER THEY WOULD BE NO WAY I'D OF STAYED ON THAT RIG AFTER AN EXPLOSION... I'D OF GRABBED A LIFE JACKET AND JUMPED IN TO THE SEA 👍😔👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

dutchgash

Was a catalog of fuck ups.poor handover,2 permits out for the same job but with different information but one of worst was the grating outside the accommodation was covered with thick mats of some type for the divers,without the mats the grating couldn't have caught fire and many more might have survived

tunstall

Quote from: dutchgash on July 06, 2023, 07:07:51 PMWas a catalog of fuck ups.poor handover,2 permits out for the same job but with different information but one of worst was the grating outside the accommodation was covered with thick mats of some type for the divers,without the mats the grating couldn't have caught fire and many more might have survived

This.

Right underneath one of the main pipelines

I think the second explosion was that one melting....right where the divers had put their mats

Fucking divers

They're still a bunch of useless cunts....