Paul Venis

Started by Northallerton_Boro, July 05, 2023, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northallerton_Boro

People may or may not know the name and i know a lot of people get excited over 'local hardmen' but having watching his podcast with James English having been semi aware of who he was (we are similar ages), its really good to see somebody come out the other side and doing their best to provide for the family.

Have had a nosey of his social media and its clear he is always battling but putting his energy into more positive  lifestyle choices.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

BoroRedKen

1 tough hombre!

Has 1 of his brothers just played Duffy in the movie?

BoroRedKen

It was actually Paul himself.

Northallerton_Boro

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on July 05, 2023, 03:15:42 PM1 tough hombre!

The Sayers film? Yes, i think it was Paul himself but not sure what is happening with that film, seems to keep beign delayed.

tunstall

Mike Peeler

He's a South Bank lad who can handle himself by all accounts and has appeared to have seen the light after dipping into the naughty gangland-type world out there. So good for him in turning things around.

He's mates with a lad from Carlisle, a lad called Danny Christie another lad with a chequered past but one hell of a bare-knuckle fighter. The is a fight on youtube between Christie and another Carlisle lad Decca Heggie (no love lost between them both) in a gym somewhere and what a bare-knuckle fight/punch-up it was, I think Paul Venis was one of the refs. Christie and, Heggie can fight the is no denying that, as can Paul Venis by all accounts I think he is more of a cage fighter/kickboxer type.

the fight is below on you tube. Some scrap

Northallerton_Boro

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 05, 2023, 03:55:57 PMHe's a South Bank lad who can handle himself by all accounts and has appeared to have seen the light after dipping into the naughty gangland-type world out there. So good for him in turning things around.

He's mates with a lad from Carlisle, a lad called Danny Christie another lad with a chequered past but one hell of a bare-knuckle fighter. The is a fight on youtube between Christie and another Carlisle lad Decca Heggie (no love lost between them both) in a gym somewhere and what a bare-knuckle fight/punch-up it was, I think Paul Venis was one of the refs. Christie and, Heggie can fight the is no denying that, as can Paul Venis by all accounts I think he is more of a cage fighter/kickboxer type.

Was a hell of a scrap that.

Danny Christie has gone on to appear in BKFC (Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship) which is gathering a following and as recently as Saturday had a large event held in Newcastle. I think its good to have a promotion for this rather than the illegal car park set ups, not for the faint hearted these are hard people.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on July 05, 2023, 03:26:31 PM

The Sayers film? Yes, i think it was Paul himself but not sure what is happening with that film, seems to keep beign delayed.

THAT FILM WILL NEVER HAPPEN 👎👎👎

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

VENNY IS WITHOUT DOUBT A HARD LAD 👍💪👍

BUT I THINK HE REALISES THE MISTAKES THE DUFF MADE IN LIFE AND DOESN'T WANT TO END UP BY DYING BY THE SWORD 😉
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Poolielad

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on July 05, 2023, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 05, 2023, 03:55:57 PMHe's a South Bank lad who can handle himself by all accounts and has appeared to have seen the light after dipping into the naughty gangland-type world out there. So good for him in turning things around.

Danny Christie has gone on to appear in BKFC (Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship) which is gathering a following and as recently as Saturday had a large event held in Newcastle. I think its good to have a promotion for this rather than the illegal car park set ups, not for the faint hearted these are hard people.
Danny Christie as actually become a world champion in BKFC.... Hard as nails he is... He is also fighting the demons, but comes across very level headed now.... Have a look at his youtube channel, some decent contents on it...

Northallerton_Boro

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 05, 2023, 04:18:32 PM

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

BUT I THINK HE REALISES THE MISTAKES THE DUFF MADE IN LIFE AND DOESN'T WANT TO END UP BY DYING BY THE SWORD 😉

Been reading similar, apparently members of the Sayers family and potential cast have been targeted. That's the thing with these people telling their stories, kids and grandkids of their victims are still bitter and angry and carrying out revenge attacks and these people are no longer young pups.

Bri cockerill has had the same, his house/car was petrol bombed only a few monts back.

Northallerton_Boro

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

He talk's about Duffy, growing up in Southbank and being a young impressionable kid hearing the stories. Paul's early life was similar to Lee's and so he found some sort of ambition in trying to be him. Thankfully for him, he was able to stop before he met a similar end and he put his fighting ability into the semi pro circuit.

Good on him, certainly turned a corner, clean of drugs and looking to help others.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Poolielad on July 05, 2023, 04:23:57 PM

Danny Christie as actually become a world champion in BKFC.... Hard as nails he is... He is also fighting the demons, but comes across very level headed now.... Have a look at his youtube channel, some decent contents on it...

DO YOU KNOW ROBBIE BROWN FROM POOLS ?

FOUGHT DECCA HEGGIE IN AN UNDERGROUND CAR PARK AND CAME OUT ON TOP EVEN THOUGH HE'S HALF THE SIZE OF HIM 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Poolielad

I know who he is, dont perosnally know him, just know he`s a decent lad.... Ye he fought Decka, (venners was the fair play man). He just kept out of the way of Dekas punches, then took him to the floor a few times, then elbowed the life out of him on the deck.... He was in the BK event up Newcastle on saturday against Ben Hatchet, he put him down 3 times in first round before knocking him out.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on July 05, 2023, 04:35:02 PM

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

Been reading similar, apparently members of the Sayers family and potential cast have been targeted. That's the thing with these people telling their stories, kids and grandkids of their victims are still bitter and angry and carrying out revenge attacks and these people are no longer young pups.

Bri cockerill has had the same, his house/car was petrol bombed only a few monts back.

BRI COCKERILL IS FINISHED 👍

WHEN HE GOT ATTACKED ON ORMSBEY BANK AT TOMMY HARRISONS GAFF BY 10 BLOKES IN A ROOM WAITING FOR HIM... IT WAS MICHAEL SAYERS FROM NEWCASTLE WHO SET IT UP AND TOLD TOMMY THIS IS HOW IT'S GOING TO GO DOWN...TOMMY WANTED NOWT TO DO WITH IT BUT SAYERS TOLD HIM IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AND TOMMY HAD TO GO ALONG WITH IT... BIG BRI ENDED UP IN HOSSY FOR A WEEK WITH AXE WOUNDS AND HAMMER RASH... DOCTOR SAID A LESSER MAN WOUKD HAVE DIED... THEY LEFT HIM FOR DEAD... COCKERILL HAD UPSET THE NEWCASTLE UNDERWORLD AND PAID THE PRICE LIKE VIV GRAHAM DID 👍 A HIT ORDERED BY THE SAYERS BECAUSE HE WOULD NOT LET THEM SELL DRUGS ON HIS DOORS 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Northallerton_Boro

Interesting, I have heard the story but never who called the hit. I always thought Bri was in with the Sayers and thought it more likely to be the Conroys

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on July 05, 2023, 08:55:53 PMInteresting, I have heard the story but never who called the hit. I always thought Bri was in with the Sayers and thought it more likely to be the Conroys

PADDY HAD NO BEEF WITH BRI... PADDY HATED THE SAYERS WITH A PASSION... A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE KNOWS PADDY VERY WELL... AT THE TIME BRI WAS IN HIS PRIME AND STEPPING ON TOO MANY TOES... HE UPSET THE SAYERS... OLD BILL KNEW WHO ORDERED THE HIT JUST LIKE THEY KNOW WHO KILLED VIV GRAHAM... THE SAYERS HAVE HAD THE NORTHUMBRIAN POLICE ON THEIR PAYROLL FOR YEARS 👎😔😔😔👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

Yes I've taken a liking to his fighting career and look out for his fights on you tube. A tough lad without doubt and yes i agree its better for all to be doing the fight game under some rules to avoid serious damage happening.

I'm looking forward to them two getting on again despite the difference in size between the two. The dislike for each other is deep which makes it interesting to watch.

Under supervision/fight rules though you might not see it like they fought before. Trained refs will step in earlier I would guess. It will still be a good fight if they get it on again

Ravishing Rick Rude

Vena has found god and turned his life around. He's done bad stuff and paid some hefty prices for his actions. He's now off the drugs and drink.

He wants to fight the king of the bare knucks Tommy Hench as he knows Hench is the top of his game. It would be much easier to fight a lesser fighter but in Vena's world, what's the point in going after people who wouldn't put up a strong fight. They are big pals n'all.

Northallerton_Boro

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

Surprisingly, the film is being released in September on DVD.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on July 27, 2023, 03:06:01 PM

ALL PIE IN THE SKY 😔

Surprisingly, the film is being released in September on DVD.

Probably finished production soon as Lids said it would never be finished  :charles:

borope

Who won ?  :pd:

Poolielad

Called a draw.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: borope on July 27, 2023, 03:47:26 PM

Who won ?  :pd:

I think both would rather die than quit they both genuinely hate each other and still do according to chat. I would stick with a draw they both hurt each other and knocked the shit out of each other. Now if pushed and purely because of size and all that. I would say, Danny Christie gets my vote by a midges knacker. Only because he stood toe to toe with a bloke a lot bigger than him and not because he got the better of him. Two game as fuck animals I will say that about them both after seeing that fight.

Northallerton_Boro

Deca wants a rematch - he is in thailand i think it is training, probably more MMA style to challenge Robbie again as he feels it was an unfair set up.

I think Danny would knack Decca now he is doing the BKFC thing and training to a much higher standard.

Watch a lot of Deca online, he has balls but the guy is on another planet.

borope

I would knack them both.  :alf:

Seriously they must be mad.  :mick: